Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a Non-Fog Mirror...

Options
  • 24-09-2007 2:41pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Having the bathroom re-tiled in the next couple of weeks, and I'm looking to replace the current mirror with a non-fog version.

Can you buy these in any large sizes, or do they really work at all? If so anyone know where I might find one?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Not sure about the mirrors, but the solution I was going to suggest was that you purchase a normal mirror - to your design taste - and fit a mirror heater to the rear of it, either on its own circuit, or on the lighting circuit. See below for more.

http://www.systemlink.ie/electric-mirror-condensation.asp

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Interesting - and no doubt effective!

But probably a bit beyond my expertise and I really don't want to have to go down the road of getting a third party involved...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Not at all - they are simple to install if you know the basics. Systemlink just supply them, you simply peal and apply and wire-up...

10-10-20 wrote:
    you simply peal and apply and wire-up...
    It's the wire up that scares me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eoghan.geraghty

Atc out in tallaght stock a heat mat for the mirror.
    Their website is atc.ie, don't think the product is on the site but their phone is.
    Its a handy job for a competent diyer.
    I got a 600mm by 600mm one recently for 110 euro there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

Having the bathroom re-tiled in the next couple of weeks, and I'm looking to replace the current mirror with a non-fog version.

Can you buy these in any large sizes, or do they really work at all? If so anyone know where I might find one?

Thanks in advance!
    While the idea is nice particularly when u read:

"Brought to you by SystemLink, the Ebeco Clear Mirror allows you to see your reflection as soon as you step out of the shower. A self-adhesive heating foil is mounted on to the mirror back and connected to the lighting circuit. The mirror heater is turned on with the room light, leaving your mirror steam free at all times. "

The question needs to be asked why is there that much condo in the BRoom anyway: a decent extractor fan seems like a requirement, it will certainly help with the <free at all times> bit when it comes to other activites.:D

Atc out in tallaght stock a heat mat for the mirror.
    Thanks eoghan. I'll put that on my list, too.
    ircoha wrote:
    The question needs to be asked why is there that much condo in the BRoom anyway: a decent extractor fan seems like a requirement, it will certainly help with the <free at all times> bit when it comes to other activites.
    Probably true, although I have a vent! That said I ****ing hate the noise off extractor fans. I used to have an en suite in a rental house with the loudest fan in the world. I used to shower with the light off so I didn't have to turn the bastard thing on. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 limerickbuild

Another tip to keep the fog off your mirrors in the bathroom is to mix some vinegar in the water as you clean the mirror... lasts a good week or two.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

or just rub some shaving foam in - dont know why it works but it does

Advertisement