Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importing from the UK

Options
  • 24-09-2007 3:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭

I was talking to my uncle who is a registered dealer in the Uk about getting a gun from him. He was saying that he can no longer post any weapons to Ireland and that they would have to be sent air freight at a cost of £150stg. This would be prohibitive. Also very few airlines would accept them anyways.

The only other solution he said was for me to get a FAC and Art 7 and come over and collect. Now would that open a huge can of worms with having to get temp licences in the UK for each force area? Or would one from the local Uk force area cover the whole UK?

Any opinions/advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

As far as I know, you need it only for the force area you are going to. Any time people have travelled to the UK it's only the destination area that they have needed the permit for.

Postage is becoming a major problem with firearms. There's all kinds of strange anomalies. An Post say they won't carry them, yet have delivered them from other countries to addresses here.

UPS, Fedex, DHL etc. won't carry them full stop, but in the states; no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Double Barrel

RRPC,
    It is my understanding that most of the (one off-registered dealer to RD) firearms shipped in the States is by "Registered US Mail" and not the common carriers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

RRPC,
    It is my understanding that most of the (one off-registered dealer to RD) firearms shipped in the States is by "Registered US Mail" and not the common carriers.

Quite probably, but my point is that the named companies will carry firearms and state this on their websites, whereas the same companies will not carry in Europe.

Advertisement