Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Porsche driver to go to prison

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

What a bad man. I didn't think cameras could read speeds that high.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

And it wasn't even his car.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

kikel wrote:
    And it wasn't even his car.

Yeah, he wasn't used to it. Pretty mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭rowanh

I guess thats an ok sentance. I wonder how the car he was driving was at 172 mph, might be fairly grand compared to a lot of cars doing 100..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

interesting how none of the top two offences were committed on motorways, but A-roads.............

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

Despite the early guilty plea a custodial sentence of at least twelve months would have been justified given the inherent dangerousness of the accused's conduct.

I suspect that the sentence will have no detterent effect on like minded knaves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

rowanh wrote:
    I wonder how the car he was driving was at 172 mph, might be fairly grand compared to a lot of cars doing 100..

Porsche 911 Turbo, well capable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

what an idiot..

doing that sort of speed, then pulling over when he sees the cops miles behind trying to catch up with the lights on :D

at that speed, he could have gotten away had he kept going and they wouldn't have got a number plate reg as he was moving too quickly :p

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 294 ✭✭XJR

Outrageous behaviour! Stopping for the cop - he shoulda cut himself free of the shackles the State and it's laws and kept on going ! Personal liberty that's where its at.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Wossack

galwaytt wrote:
    interesting how none of the top two offences were committed on motorways, but A-roads.............

the offenders where caught on A-roads ;) reckon they dont set up random speed traps on motorways for safety reasons

maybe...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

Fúck yeah, if I was going to get done for speeding, I'd like to have it happen driving the fastest I'm ever going to go.

wet-paint wrote:
    Fúck yeah, if I was going to get done for speeding, I'd like to have it happen driving the fastest I'm ever going to go.
    Are you sure? I'd rather be just over the limit and get a small fine.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

If in a strange circumstance where both offences received an identical punishment.
    If you're going to get kicked out of school would you prefer to get kicked out for smoking in class or banging the headmaster's daughter?
    Same kinda jobbie.

wet-paint wrote:
    If in a strange circumstance where both offences received an identical punishment.
    If you're going to get kicked out of school would you prefer to get kicked out for smoking in class or banging the headmaster's daughter?
    Same kinda jobbie.
    Ah, well that's different. In your second example I concur.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Hellm0

Depends on what your smoking and how hot the headmasters daughter is really.
    Ugly birds < Spliff IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

What about smoking a spliff in class while the headmasters daughter swallows your kids? :D

On topic though, the sentence he got isn't going to put anyone off doing that speed again. I guarantee you at least 1 person is going to try and do better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭astraboy

Stupid to give a prison sentence. People have gotten suspended sentences for far more henious crimes. I'm not saying the speed was responsiable, but before we all jump up on our O so high horses, remember he did not hurt anyone, no one got killed. Fine him, fine him big time and make him resit his test, but putting him in jail when people that mugg others or steal cars get suspended sentences is a joke and pandering to the brigade that want cars banned and everyone wrapped up in cotton wool. :o

I would have thought driving at 172mph on an A road is worse than stealing a car?

Advertisement