Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BB in Blanch

• 24-09-2007 3:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭

Hello,

I have a problem,in my house i cant get NTL or eircom,i have had irish broadband out and they cant get a signal..i am wary of the mobile operators as i spent 2 hours reading about 3 being rubbish ..is there another provider i can go with that uses a satelite dish or a receiver of some sort or are o2 and vodafone decent?..please help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Have you tried digiweb:
    http://www.digiweb.ie/mobile/

Mobile product is available in Blanch and works differently to the other mobile networks.

Look at their Metro service too which is similar to IBB's breeze product AFAIK:
    http://www.digiweb.ie/broadband_metro_index.asp?i=80&i2=81&i6=90&zzz=hm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Digiweb "wireless" product is similar to Breeze, but Metro is a bit more as it has up to 10Mbps down and integrated phone service. Also unlike Breeze one Metro aerial can feed multiple modems. Metro does need clearer line of sight, Breeze will tolerate thin tree line and Metro won't.

O2 and Vodaphone is exact same phone based technology and modem as "3". Coverage and performance may depend on location.

The Digiweb Mobile is only available in the Finglas / Blanchardstown /Naul area proir to going nationwide. It's not phone based at all. No sim, no pin or settings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Kaldorn

I have gone and ordered it so hopefully it will be good,illl let you all know i am in the middle of blanch so coverage should be grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

NTL stuck a card in the door over the weekend..Thank you GOD. I've been on digiweb mobile for 3 years and I am dying to get off it. I may be able to actually watch streaming media now..and my speedtest.net needle may go above 1.2 mbs..my laptop will think its its birthday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

Well that was 4 months ago and NTL still isnt available.:mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement