Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pictures in Library Stairway

Options
  • 24-09-2007 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭

Will giant photos of Keira Knightley, Hannibal Lecter, Stephen Hawking and Orlando Bloom posing with a book really make people read more? Does anybody else find the pictures really patronising?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

You've only noticed them now?

I've been going to the library on a daily basis since I first noticed them at the beginning of last semester. They make me like books. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Kiera Knightley makes you like books? OOoErr missus :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Isn't there one of Hannibal Lector too? He impulses you to read with his evil eyes, if you venture up to the 2nd floor.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Dont forget Colin Farrell!! If they like books then it must be cool:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Whats wrong with reading books...no need to have cannibals and pirates goading us into reading books. Besides, if more people read books, I'll loose the superior attitude I get from reading books :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Whats wrong with reading books

Relax guy!
    The D4 gimps books doesn't give you a superior attitude ya tosser :rolleyes:

I hate bastards that walk into the library foyer and continue their conversation on at the same level as they had outside. I really don't care how puck the bird John rode last night was.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

cson wrote:
    I hate bastards that walk into the library foyer and continue their conversation on at the same level as they had outside. I really don't care how puck the bird John rode last night was.

Speaking of which, why do I always see some smelly undergrad munching on a breakfast roll when every time I drop into the library? Why do some people see the need to eat in a library while talking on their phones with their feet up on the desks...:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

The moral of the story is: Don't go the library. The books are old and crap (the computery ones are anyway), the queues for the PCs are hideous, and nobody cares about the rules.

You have to go there to dig out old Journals so there's no avioding the place sometimes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Journals? Internet TBH.

Sure, but there are loads still only available in print. The web access is only from around 2000 on for most. A lot of the J Fluid Mechanics (which I use a lot) are over there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

Ah but all the library's problems will be solved with their new 'noise campaign'!

They've even created a special 'silent zone' up on level two. Hmmm, now call me silly but I thought all of a library is meant to be 'silent'...Talk about an Irish solution to and Irish problem :rolleyes:

Maybe its a cunning trap to, er, draw in trouble makers and then, eh, make them pay all out fines!

Fines?....

Advertisement