Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my timetable online

• 24-09-2007 4:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭

is quite different to the timetable I was given on day one? :eek:

I am a first year, what the hell is going on?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

Welcome to the joy that is UL administration!

Rule no.1: Never believe what you are first told.

Rule no.2: Except when there are exceptions, of course. But then you are never aware whether your case is the exception or not, so revert to rule no.1.

Your timetable available now is your real one; go by this. Student Academic Administration have to go through all first year module electives etc., etc., etc., and timetable students once they have registered for their modules. This means that you can often get a very different timetable to that with which you were initially issued. Of course, you can do a bit of jiggling about; reschedule your tutorials/labs to times that suit you better if you so wish.

Best of luck and welcome to four years of this! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭McSween

****e, i don't know when these changes took place

so in essence, it is my responsibility to know any changes etc.

luckily a lab sceduled for friday at 3-4pm can be taken care of on my old timetable on thurs 10am.

i havent missed anything yet anyway, and ive signed when asked in lectures, labs etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,475 ✭✭✭✭cson

Responsibility, college, it's all the one. What course are you doing anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭McSween

im a mature student, doing music media performace technology

im going to try to get out of a 5-6pm tutorial and attend another instead?

i only have one tutorial on the subject in question per week, does the lecturer just want to see my name down as "Attended"? Will they take a 2nd glance if they see im attending a tutorial/lab im not assigned to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

Generally, no, they won't really mind as long as you've bothered to turn up to something (unlike many who don't!), but if you do decide to change, try to stick to the same one every week i.e. don't chop and change the whole time. You could casually mention it to the tutor as well; usually there's no problem unless the tutorials are all quite full, or the one you want to go to is full, but this is rarely an issue. Morning tuts in particular are usually safe to move to cos no one wants an early start; same goes for 5-6pm tuts. Lunchtime tuts are usually the most popular and fill quickly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement