Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robot Mowers - Anyone out there with one?

Options
  • 24-09-2007 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭

Looking at purchasing a ride-on mower (possibly Husqvarna LT151) to mow about 0.5 acres of lawn but have come across some effective looking auto mowers that are now available for about the same price, take less of my time and lower energy costs apparently.

Is there anyone out there who owns one of these and how do they find them? Are replacement blades expensive? How often do they need service? Do they do a good job on the lawn? Any problems from the mulched cuttings leading to moss growth?

I'd be more interested in the 'fully' automated type such as on autolawnmow.com rather than the one's you manually bring to the lawn and charger. I know they require placement of guide wires around the perimeter but that's a small price to pay if it does what's required.

Any relevant feedback would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

I married one: does much more than much the grass:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,168 ✭✭✭10-10-20

ircoha - you missed the last line of the OP's post...

;)

Chardonay on a Monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭GG66

Haven't got the feedback you're looking for but it's interesting to see how they market it as environmentally friendly. It uses electricity which mostly comes from fossil fuels in Ireland. I couldn't find anything on their web site about how much energy it uses. That said those batteries should last 5 years or so but then you need to dispose of them carefully. I expect though you might be more concerned about conserving your own energy.

I've got a big garden too and was amused a few months ago by the idea of a robotic lawnmower, never followed it up... as I couldn't justify my laziness or the price..

I've got overhanging trees so bit's of branches, horse chestnuts end up in the garden, I'd still have to pick these up regularly, There's also the chance it may get stuck in any depressions in your garden so it would need to be real flat.

Interested to hear how you get on with this...

found this link http://www.consumersearch.com/www/lawn_and_garden/robotic-lawn-mowers/review.html

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭GG66

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭smadger

Antomack, did you end up getting one of these? If so, any feedback?

It's getting to that time of year when I need to buy something for our new lawn and this is sounding more and more interesting to a couch potato like me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭John mac

a few people near me have a goat in the garden. (environmentally friendly ) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭TKK

Except for the methane ;)

Advertisement