Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

****ing RA's

• 24-09-2007 5:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

x

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

You might not be for much longer... Are you seriously saying your version of events is that you were too pissed to remember anything? If I was in your shoes I would want to come up with something a lot better than that for a formal hearing... maybe an apology would be a good start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

If you can't remember than you how can you say you didn't hurl abuse.

I.E. you could have done what they said, you just don't know you did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

To be honest saying that you were drunk is a bull**** excuse.Get in there and apologise and you will be fine.Any bickering or being smart is just going to dig you into a deeper hole

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

you a fresher? were they RA's or services? an RA has pretty much no power outside of the residencies in which they work and it doesn't really seem like something an RA would be a such a **** about either, they're usually sound and very empathetic to those who are hammered. In any case, in your formal sitting just say you were wasted, say you were drinking to celebrate something or for some reason, say you don't drink much usually, you got arse ways, can't remember anything really, say you feel shocked about the whole thing and that you'll take a more measured approach to drinking in future. Don't tell them who you were with either, they always ask that. good luck

griffdaddy wrote:
    you a fresher? were they RA's or services? an RA has pretty much no power outside of the residencies in which they work and it doesn't really seem like something an RA would be a such a **** about either, they're usually sound and very empathetic to those who are hammered. In any case, in your formal sitting just say you were wasted, say you were drinking to celebrate something or for some reason, say you don't drink much usually, you got arse ways, can't remember anything really, say you feel shocked about the whole thing and that you'll take a more measured approach to drinking in future. Don't tell them who you were with either, they always ask that. good luck

Thats the worst bit of advice EVER!!!

• Advertisement

fatal wrote:
    Thats the worst bit of advice EVER!!!
    Ever had a formal sitting? Ever been to court for any minor 'night-out related' offenses?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

1) Are you sure these guys were RA's or Services?
    2) Do you honestly think you hurled abuse at them or not? We're all inclined to exaggerate - they are too.
    3) How did they get your details in the first place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 LAUNWU

x

x

I guess you probably would - seen as it would be a breach of your 'license to reside'.

Did they call ye down like in school or what?

• Advertisement

x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

LAUNWU wrote:
    Sent letter to house for all residents to come down to office, I fitted description of one of the people invloved.

Just back and unfortunatly ive been evicted, ****ing *****. Appealing tomorrow.

Tbh might take advantage of this and get the **** out of this **** hole uni!

Seems way harsh, I'd think hard about what you're gonna say in your appeal.

griffdaddy wrote:
    Ever had a formal sitting? Ever been to court for any minor 'night-out related' offenses?

Never made it to court for any night out related offences but ive been summoned to a couple of formal sittings.Answering back and bickering didn't get a few of the others that were called anywhere.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Let me remind all the people who post in this forum that the UCD authorities regularly read these forums. I'm not in the habit of bailing people out where they get in trouble for something they say here.

That's partially because it's none of my business, and also because people who say stupid things deserve to be punished. Incidentally, if the authorities decide something needs to be done about stuff that transpires in this forum, it won't be me they come to in order to get it done; if anyone, they'll go straight to the admins.

x

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

LAUNWU wrote:
    We are only having a discussion on the topic. What exactly has been said that could be used against anyone? Anyway they have no right to use what is being said here, it's nothing to do with the university.
    You don't really believe that tripe, do you? Or are you an expert on UCD policy? What makes you think that what you post on a public forum might be privileged?

Aside from that, I don't recall having said anything to suggest anything in this thread could offend. I'll just read back through my last post now...

Nope. My memory hasn't failed me today.

x

x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Hmm you could try arrange an alibi OP

fatal wrote:
    Never made it to court for any night out related offences but ive been summoned to a couple of formal sittings.Answering back and bickering didn't get a few of the others that were called anywhere.
    you must have read what i said first in a stern voice or something? surely it's about the most remorseful sounding way of explaining a bad situation? i didn't mean he should say it with kind of smartness or anything. hulla's right though, in the same way no advice is given on the legal forum, none should be given here. tbh, i question the truth in the OP anyway,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Fluther

This sounds terrible...have you gone down to the SU welfare officer? He may be able ot help you...or you could go to the RA's in question, apoligise and cry a little...they may be willing to lobby on your behalf to just get a fomal warning...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Let this be a lesson to you not to hurl abuse at people who are just doing their jobs.

Seriously hullaballo is right. Some things on this forum aren't themselves illegal - but have proven time and time again to come to the attention of the authorities. Generally the result hasn't been good for all concerned if I remember a few specific ones.

The last thing you want in any hearing is for one of the panel to open a laptop with boards.ie on it now is it?

I know a couple of people in my department who were RA's and I'd seriously doubt that they'd bother making up something like that. On the other hand, maybe your behaviour was 'high spirited' rather than abusive.

Red Alert wrote:
    Seriously hullaballo is right. Some things on this forum aren't themselves illegal - but have proven time and time again to come to the attention of the authorities. Generally the result hasn't been good for all concerned if I remember a few specific ones.

The last thing you want in any hearing is for one of the panel to open a laptop with boards.ie on it now is it?

I know a couple of people in my department who were RA's and I'd seriously doubt that they'd bother making up something like that. On the other hand, maybe your behaviour was 'high spirited' rather than abusive.

sorted, i don't know what your talking about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Lol at this thread.

LAUNWU wrote:
    sorted, i don't know what your talking about
    I think this thread just goes to show exactly why you ended up getting evicted. That may sound harsh, but I literally have zero sympathy for you.

Locked. Should probably be binned too but meh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement