Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else not receiving packages?

Options
  • 24-09-2007 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭

Waiting on 3 separate packages now (1 from NI, 2 from UK), the first one sent over 2 weeks ago. I asked my postman and he said there is a delay on all packages but I haven't seen anyone mention it on here and this is getting ridiculous.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭cruibin

I just recieved a package today, it was supposed to take 3-4 weeks, but got it in 5 days....

What area are you in? you may want to check your local branch office! I have had issues in the past where parcels were not delivered and were just sent back to senders address and i was never notified! And my Postman had no clue about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

I'm in Lucan, going to have to call them tomorrow :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Waiting on 3 separate packages now (1 from NI, 2 from UK),

Strikes planned next month and current delays are possible if there some sort of "work to rule" system going on.

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/content1?catId=1000002&mediaId=51600692

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Also might be this if you're in Dublin 17 or Dublin 5 - http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/News+and+Information/MailCollectionAndDeliveryChanges.htm

I'm in Dublin 17 and my brother was expecting packages. Got them last week but it took longer than usual.

EDIT: Obviously I see that you're not in those postal codes.

Recieved one package yesterday, the one sent last Tuesday. No sign of the one sent on Wednesday or from the Friday before :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,172 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Recieved one package yesterday, the one sent last Tuesday. No sign of the one sent on Wednesday or from the Friday before :confused:

I have had trouble with the post in Lucan before...

One package going completely missing - bought from ebay

Another didnt make it, this was from creative - thankfully they sent out a replacement as this was registered post.

Around the same time as all of those a greeting card from Australia was sent back to Australia saying no such address

Two weeks ago another package from creative was opened on one side - however it still had everything i ordered in it so i didn't bother reporting this

The others were a few months ago - but i do have my suspicions about what happened the others

The first package sent arrived today, very battered but the contents are fine. The post had been going exceptionaly well recently and then this spot of bother :confused: At least they're not going missing.

Advertisement