Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The BG&RH 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread

• 24-09-2007 7:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭

Similar thread to the one that is found in the 'Food and Drink' forum.

Same, Same, but different.

So what did you have for dinner last night? (or breakfast, Elevenses, Brunch, Lunch, Afternoon Tea, Dinner, High Tea, Supper, Late night snack, Middle of the night Snack, General Snack, Other).

Also, include details of whatever tasty beverage/s you washed this feast down with.

Pictures are an added bonus!

Share your glutony eating habits brothers and sisters. :eek::D:p

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

right let me think what i had yesterday (Sunday)

Breakfast approx 10am: Hot turkey melt from the Bagel factory with 2 cups cappucino.

Dinner approx 2pm: The auld ones Sunday roast (Quality)

2nd Dinner approx 8pm: Beef and blackbean with rice and chips from Youngs chinese with a spring roll and can of 7up.

Open up top button of jeans and let that baby digest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭trout

Dun laoire wrote:
    right let me think what i had yesterday (Sunday)

Breakfast approx 10am: Hot turkey melt from the Bagel factory with 2 cups cappucino.

Dinner approx 2pm: The auld ones Sunday roast (Quality)

2nd Dinner approx 8pm: Beef and blackbean with rice and chips from Youngs chinese with a spring roll and can of 7up.

Open up top button of jeans and let that baby digest.

but ... but ... that's just three square meals man ... what is wrong with you ?
    I mean, 2 dinners is fair enough, but what about lunch, elevenses, tea, high tea and supper ?

Are you on a diet, ARE YOU ??

trout wrote:
    but ... but ... that's just three square meals man ... what is wrong with you ?
    I mean, 2 dinners is fair enough, but what about lunch, elevenses, tea, high tea and supper ?

Are you on a diet, ARE YOU ??

No my good friend trout. The rest of my meals were wet and cidery

Dun laoire wrote:
    No my good friend trout. The rest of my meals were wet and cidery
    phew! :p why didn't you say so ? Cider carbs are reaaaal good.

I myself had the following
    Breakfast @ 09:30
    Beans on toast (6 slices of Hovis, with butter, and a standard tin of Heinz)
    Pot of Tay
    2 Penguin bars that the kids missed over the weekend. Tasty.

Lunch @ 13:00
    Leftovers from Saturday's mondo-garlic laden spag-bol, with extra spag, bol and cheese.
    Pot of Tay.
    Home made garlic bread. (vampires can just fupp right off)

Pre-dinner watching the Telly snack @ 14:30
    Home made popcorn, with butter.
    Pot of Tay

Dinner @ 16:00
    Bacon & Cabbage, Mash
    Peach Sorbet (Mrs Trout's idea ... I just played along)
    Pot of Tay

Tea @ 19:00
    Toasted Ham & Cheese, with extra Ham & Cheese
    Pot of Tay

Supper @ 21:30
    Rhubarb & Custard (I am old school when it comes to desserts)
    Pot of Tay.

TV Snack @ 23:00
    Cream Crackers & Cheese
    Fugitive Penguin bar straggler
    Pot of Tay.

Into the maggie thatcher @ midnight, slept like a log until 06:30 this morning, when I had to drop the kids off at the pool. :rolleyes:

I'm off the beer at the minute, under doctors orders, so I'm filling up on teh Tay. I love the Tay so I do.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Penne pasta in basil oil dressing tossed in fresh herbs and parmesan cheese for starter

Spring Vegetable risotto with fresh baby leaves accompanied with diced potatoes and onions roasted in lemon oil

American baked cheesecake

Coffee

yummy yummy yummy

• Advertisement

irishbird wrote:
    Penne pasta in basil oil dressing tossed in fresh herbs and parmesan cheese for starter

Spring Vegetable risotto with fresh baby leaves accompanied with diced potatoes and onions roasted in lemon oil

American baked cheesecake

Coffee

yummy yummy yummy

ummmmm ...where's the meat ? that's just trimmings that is ;)

trout wrote:
    2 Penguin bars that the kids missed over the weekend. Tasty.

:D:D The penguins are great with a cup of well brewed tea alright trout me old mucker. Cant beat the wagon wheels though.

trout wrote:
    ummmmm ...where's the meat ? that's just trimmings that is ;)

LOL, i dont eat meat - my dinner date had loads of fish if that makes up for it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

irishbird wrote:
    LOL, i dont eat meat - my dinner date had loads of fish if that makes up for it?

Why don't you eat meat? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

She only eats live meat;)

• Advertisement

She only eats live meat;)

you know it, big boy ;)

Is this some sort of woman logic that killing animals is cruel, but fish are fair game?!

The-Rigger wrote:
    Is this some sort of woman logic that killing animals is cruel, but fish are fair game?!

:confused: i dont eat fish - my dinner date had fish :confused:

lol I see, do you eat fish? :p

The-Rigger wrote:
    lol I see, do you eat fish? :p

okay, is there something i missing here, cos i am really confused:o

irishbird wrote:
    okay, is there something i missing here, cos i am really confused:o

Just trying to find out your eating habits :p

The-Rigger wrote:

i dont eat meat or fish cos i dont like it nothing to do with the lickle animals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

irishbird wrote:
    i dont eat meat or fish cos i dont like it nothing to do with the lickle animals
    That's a scurrilous remark.

irishbird wrote:

OK so, if YORE MAn was hungry ... would you be harm a lickle animal to ensure his plate was fully laden ? Would you, for example, cook a steak ? What about boiling lobsters ? Hmmm ?

I seem to recall you have served up rasher sambos in the bar, in the not too distant past. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

irishbird wrote:

but they taste so good. Especially cows, Have you ever looked in to a cow's eyes? They WANT to be eaten, it's like their destiny or something!

• Advertisement

watna wrote:
    but they taste so good. Especially cows, Have you ever looked in to a cow's eyes? They WANT to be eaten, it's like their destiny or something!

Brothers ... the Force is strong with this one. Likes cake too, apparently :D

trout wrote:
    Brothers ... the Force is strong with this one. Likes cake too, apparently :D

mmmm cake.... I'm going to get some right now. I have the mid afternoon slump and need a pick me up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,801 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Sunday -
    Breakfast: Cup of tea & 3 B&H
    Lunch: Large Big Mac Meal & most of HB Jr I's Happy Meal
    Afternoon Tea: Pints of Guinness
    Dinner: Home-made Minestrone with lashings of crusty bread & butter & a robust italian red wine
    Supper: Tea & Jammy Dodgers
    Nightcap: Large Brandy

Monday -
    (Just sticking with dinners now)
    Dinner - Stew*

* I expect to also have this tonight & tomorrow as I made a huge pot of it on Sunday night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Hmmm.. last night I drunkenly ate left over pizza after a day on the beer.

Yes, it was good.

roasted new baby potatoes

roast pepper

roast onion

roast parsnip

Quorn Roast

Red Wine gravy

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭stcatherine

KFC !!

couldn't be assed to cook so got one of those family feasts (the boneless one with mini chicken breast fillets and popcorn chicken) fries, Beans, Coleslaw, washed down with Coke on Ice !!

It was yummy haven't had a KFC in 3 years I was surprised how nice it was, got a thumbs up from the family for the surprise take out on a school night and my excuse was it's my birthday treat to myself !!

irishbird wrote:
    Quorn Roast

No blasphemy please.

irishbird wrote:
    roasted new baby potatoes

roast pepper

roast onion

roast parsnip

Quorn Roast

Red Wine gravy
    All that roasting and no meat. :eek:

Anybody been to real gourmet burger in Dun Laoghaire? If not, GO NOW! They are the manliest of manly burgers. Even though I'm a girl I can easily polish one off though. Tonight I had a juicy garlic burger with fat chips and some pear cider (I'm a girl so the cider is allowed!) Mmm!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Well brethern I'm afraid I'm letting the side down for the next few weeks as I'll be fighting in November and off the gargle and pigging out for awhile.

:mad:

But I'll be following your endevours daily. Don't let me down lads (and lassies).

Mairt wrote:
    Well brethern I'm afraid I'm letting the side down for the next few weeks as I'll be fighting in November and off the gargle and pigging out for awhile.

:mad:

But I'll be following your endevours daily. Don't let me down lads (and lassies).

We can eat your share if that's make you feel better! Thanks for adding the lassies part too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

watna wrote:
    We can eat your share if that's make you feel better! Thanks for adding the lassies part too!

Oh don't worry Watna, I know you won't let me down.

Dammit, I'm hungry tonight and only brought Chicken to work. Tempted to ring for a Chinkers :o

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I fail to see why you need to stop eating just because you're fighting. The Brothers in the Japanese chapter clearly don't resort to such drastic measures.

Sumo.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭ruthiedv

The-Rigger wrote:

I believe the conventional way of finding out someone's eating habits is to ask if they like anchovies.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭stcatherine

ruthiedv wrote:
    I believe the conventional way of finding out someone's eating habits is to ask if they like anchovies.

seriously thou, do they ? does anyone actually like them ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,801 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

ruthiedv wrote:

OK clever clogs - What can you tell about the eating habits of a person who eats anchovies as opposed to a person who doesn't?

Hmmmm...I wonder...;)

i was out for dinner again last night, my dinner date had frogs legs urrgh :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I had a little snack on the way home from work yesterday, grabbed 2 cheeseburgers and 2 chicken burgers from the € saver menu to keep me going till dinner. Not bad for €4 :) 2 hours later had a few plates of stew, damn tasty followed by some munchies as I watched some awful actors trying to pull off an Oirish accent :eek:

irishbird wrote:
    i was out for dinner again last night, my dinner date had frogs legs urrgh :(
    Nothin worse Irishbird,did he at least have a nice langer on him?
    Sorry, sorry, sorry,sorry...couldn't help it:o

• Advertisement

ruthiedv wrote:
    Nothin worse Irishbird,did he at least have a nice langer on him?
    Sorry, sorry, sorry,sorry...couldn't help it:o

LOL - i wouldnt know about his langer but his ex girlfriend used to get me to send ex large condoms to her - so i am guessing he does :rolleyes:

Whoa whoa whoa right there ladies. Wimmins shall not discuss the schlongs.

smashey wrote:
    Whoa whoa whoa right there ladies. Wimmins shall not discuss the schlongs.

sorry smashey, didnt mean to make you feel uncomfortable :o

irishbird wrote:
    sorry smashey, didnt mean to make you feel uncomfortable :o

Hehe, I forgot to add...

unless it's mine. :D

Ok so...what size condoms d'you reckon Smashie uses,Irishbird....I'd say schlongmungously hugetastic:D

duel accounts smashy? :p

ruthiedv wrote:
    Ok so...what size condoms d'you reckon Smashie uses,Irishbird....I'd say schlongmungously hugetastic:D
    You'll go far. ;)
    The-Rigger wrote:
    duel accounts smashy?
    You're just jealous. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

watna wrote:
    heh, reminds me of this (from about 6:20):

Anyways, last night I went for the traditional. 16" all the meats pizza (with triple pepperoni), bucket of Haagen Dasz, and 1.5 litres of coke to wash it down.

I think my diet is missing something though, so I'm planning on introducing more alcohol into it to see if it improves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

KFC !!

couldn't be assed to cook so got one of those family feasts (the boneless one with mini chicken breast fillets and popcorn chicken) fries, Beans, Coleslaw, washed down with Coke on Ice !!

Read that bit and thought well done.. I've done that in the past as well (not with coleslaw or beans though... more gravy)
    It was yummy haven't had a KFC in 3 years I was surprised how nice it was, got a thumbs up from the family for the surprise take out on a school night and my excuse was it's my birthday treat to myself !!

Then the penny dropped.. you got help ateing it?. Where's the point and piggery in that?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

went to Kafka in Rathmines and had bangers & mash for dinner with lots of onions and delicious gravy. Yum Yum, get in my belly. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement