Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The BG&RH 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

maple wrote:
    went to Kafka in Rathmines and had bangers & mash for dinner with lots of onions and delicious gravy. Yum Yum, get in my belly. :)

Shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up, ! Missed dinner last night am starving now, will have to make up for it today, that banker place on college green does something similar, it's delicious !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

I had curly kale with sausages and rashers last night, a real Irish-coming up to-halloween dinner...yum!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up, ! Missed dinner last night am starving now, will have to make up for it today, that banker place on college green does something similar, it's delicious !

I love bangers & mash, so delicious. Real comfort food. Yum Yum. The Clarendon wine bar does the best in Dublin. Delicious. Mind you, i'd drank so much wine that day that I could have eaten a plate of wood shavings and declared it ambrosia from heaven.

Whats the place on College Green Slow Mo? Maybe you and I should do a tour of Dublin checking out bangers & mash?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

maple wrote:
    Whats the place on College Green Slow Mo? Maybe you and I should do a tour of Dublin checking out bangers & mash?
    :D

I think it's called the bankers (not sure) but it used to be a bank at one point it's before you get to the mercantile, it's the place with the ATM beside the bar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Curry Chips & a SnackBox with a breast ..... yum.

:D

I think it's called the bankers (not sure) but it used to be a bank at one point it's before you get to the mercantile, it's the place with the ATM beside the bar.

Now I have you, its called The Bank. I will be noting that down and venturing in some evening to sample their culinary delights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭patrickc

I had homemade chips, 2 fried eggs and beans was lovely.

the bankers do lovely bangers on mash, but down the road in gruel they're even nicer.

I had homemade chips, 2 fried eggs and beans was lovely.

the bankers do lovely bangers on mash, but down the road in gruel they're even nicer.

egg, chips and beans is one of my favourite dinners of all time! Great choice there Patrick. Great choice.

Noting down Gruel as well. Cheers for the tip.

you can't beat it especially runny eggs. Gruel is a little bit expensive but so worth it.. and theyre desserts are heaven

• Advertisement

you can't beat it especially runny eggs. Gruel is a little bit expensive but so worth it.. and theyre desserts are heaven

oh runny eggs are a must, with loads of salt and vinegar. Yum Yum.

Will be faffing about town on Sunday so will be sure to pop into Gruel, cheers for the tip PatrickC! :)

no hassles maple.. my main office is based in dame street so have tried all the eateries in D2

no hassles maple.. my main office is based in dame street so have tried all the eateries in D2

where's your favourite? god i love eating. i'm starving now after all this talk of food. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Last night I went out to eat with my dad...

I had a lock of chicken wings in BBQ sauce to start...
    Grilled Seabass on mash potato with a huge baked potato covered in butter and salt also...

And 'Chocolate Heaven' for desert which was like a huge Chocolate cake with profita rolls on top of it and loads of chocolate sauce and cream.

Cup of cha.

The-Rigger wrote:
    Last night I went out to eat with my dad...

I had a lock of chicken wings in BBQ sauce to start...
    Grilled Seabass on mash potato with a huge baked potato covered in butter and salt also...

And 'Chocolate Heaven' for desert which was like a huge Chocolate cake with profita rolls on top of it and loads of chocolate sauce and cream.

Cup of cha.

hmmmm grilled seabass with mash hmmmmmm **dribbles on self**

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

maple wrote:
    hmmmm grilled seabass with mash hmmmmmm **dribbles on self**

*puts a bib on little maple

• Advertisement

The-Rigger wrote:
    *puts a bib on little maple

:D LMAO!

Advertisement