Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone better than 3?

Options
  • 24-09-2007 8:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭

I have Vodafone 3g broadband and i am very happy with them are you?

http://www.speedtest.net]187109543.png[/URL][/IMG]ith

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

I don't think it would be too hard to be better than 3. Been with vodafone for well over a year and am pretty happy but mobile broadband as a whole is not comparable to decent fixed line connection and people shouldn't even consider unless they need for mobility or can't get any other form of broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,456 ✭✭✭corkie

187139423.png
    187142001.png
    On speed, reliability, speed to turn around and resolve problems? You get what you pay for.

Regards,
    John

Disclaimer: I'm not employed by any mobile/broadband company

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

conjamuk wrote:
    I have Vodafone 3g broadband and i am very happy with them are you?

http://www.speedtest.net]187109543.png[/URL][/IMG]ith

No offense but you have 8 posts and start a thread about how great Vodafone are compared to 3.

Do you work for Vodafone by any chance?

Anyway there are STD's I'd rather have than 3 broadband.

O2 seem to be decent enough but I don't trust them as a provider. I think they spend too much on advertising and not enough on their network TBH. Coverage seems to always be lacking with O2 over other providers and I don't think its any different with the mobile broadband.

That is the one thing 3 have over the other providers unfortunately as it means they can exploit people in rural Ireland who have no other way of escaping eircom's huge line rental fee's.

Anyway, mobile broadband is a complete joke compared to DSL overall as you can't do proper FPS gaming with it so its no use for Xbox Live or Steam on Pc. Mobile broadband is a step up from satellite for rural areas and better than some of the cowboy wireless operators (not 3 who seem worse than dial up for a lot of users).

Advertisement