Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

October's Mixmag

• 24-09-2007 9:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭

First time ive bought it in years, excellent stuff this month and the CD is brilliant.
    October Mixmag out now

Topic posted at 15.53 on 20/09/2007

This month sees your dance music bible celebrate '20 Years of Acid House’ as our cover feature investigates how one sound changed the world. Inside the feature we speak to all the prominent figures including Todd Terry, Underworld, Orbital, Alfredo, DJ Pierre, Pet Shop Boys, A Guy Called Gerald, Irvine Welsh and many more.
    And in yet another cover CD coup we’ve got the acid house legend that is Josh Wink to deliver an amazing retrospective mix CD of the sound, Josh Wink’s Acid Classics’ featuring Garnier, Hawtin, Saunderson and Hardfloor.
    Also inside the mag we catch up with Samim, whose track ‘Heater’ (yes, that accordion track) has been the hit of the summer, D n B royalty High Contrast and Dizzee Rascal answeer the big questions.
    In Tunes there hot new albums from Kanye West, Ricardo Villalobos, Felix Da Housecat and Cobblestone Jazz. There’s also the UK’s biggest and best club listings in Club Country, with European listings thrown in too.
    What more do you want from an issue of Mixmag? enjoy...

http://www.mixmag.net/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,583 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Must buy it.

That was a mag that went downhill fast though. I remember when it and Musik were essential purchases each month. Although Musik always did it just a little better for me personally

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Meh... Mixmag always struck me as more of a fashion mag than a music mag, it had some decent free cds over the years though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Used to subscribe to Mixmag for years,bought every single dance mag under the sun for years from Eternity in 1992 to Mixmag but don't really bother now, i actually threw out over 1,000 dance music magazines a few years ago as they were taking up space and no one was willing to take them off my hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

tman wrote:
    Meh... Mixmag always struck me as more of a fashion mag than a music mag, it had some decent free cds over the years though...

True, my favourite was a mix CD from an up and coming DJ called Timo Maas :rolleyes:
    Name of the CD was Dirty Trancing...still brilliant to listen to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭aidz

havnet noticed muzik magazine about in years..
    i assume it is not in production anymore??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Barely missed an issue since late '99. I don't even read it anymore, I just buy it for the cover CD, which is always excellent.
    Also get DJ and used to grab Ministry and Muzik when they were about....must have upwards of 400 cover discs...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

HOW THEY USE TO KEEP A RAVE UNDERCOVER BACK IN THE DAY

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=CHpdRufgymA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

True, my favourite was a mix CD from an up and coming DJ called Timo Maas :rolleyes:
    Name of the CD was Dirty Trancing...still brilliant to listen to.

****in amazing cd, u still got a copy of it?

Upload it if you do, id love to hear that again....

Corvin Dalek "Poundz + Pence" - Killer track

Advertisement