Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sig Sauer Mosquito

Options
  • 24-09-2007 9:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

I am thinking about trading in one of my rifles for a .22lr pistol. I have heard a few people mention the mosquito. Anybody here own one? Is a permit for a rimfire pistol as difficult to obtain as a centerfire?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jaycee

Sadly :
    Pistol licenses of any sort will raise an eyebrow .

With ref to the Sig ,
    Ive spoken to a couple of people who had different .22 pistols.
    The general opinion I've come across is the of that type,
    the CZ Cadet wins hands down , for accuracy, and reliability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

jcatony wrote:
    I am thinking about trading in one of my rifles for a .22lr pistol. I have heard a few people mention the mosquito. Anybody here own one? Is a permit for a rimfire pistol as difficult to obtain as a centerfire?

Pistol licences are only issued to members of authorised target shooting clubs for target shooting purposes only.

Meet those requirements and you should get a pistol licence. Best to apply for a genuine target pistol, or at least one with some pretentions towards being a target pistol.

The sig mosquito would not fall into that bracket.

There are other people who have commented on the sig here, try a search.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭sidneyreilly

Stay away from the Mosquito, nothing but heatache

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭fishdog

Stay away from the Mosquito, nothing but heatache

100% agree! They jam alot and are not accurate.

I am told the CZ is great (I never used it myself).

I found the Browning Buckmark for the money, a great gun. The target 87 Beretta is also great, but a bit more expensive. These are not "genuine target pistols", but they are accurate, and fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jaycee

The CZ is basically built on the same frame as the CZ75 series Pistol.
    The same weight and trigger pull .
    A well proven system which even the late Jeff Cooper rated highly.

All they change is the top slide, barrel and recoil spring.
    What you are shooting is essentially a .22lr version of the CZ75.

CZ .22lr Kadet
    main034.jpg

Cz75 9mm
    main029.jpg

Spot the difference ?

:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

The CZ75 Kadet is around €700 :eek: , My Pardini was only €250 more than that!

On the other hand you could get this and it's only €350 in very good condition. Or this for even less!

Sorry, I'm not pushing the KSP200 as if I owned it, but those two are in good condition and extremely cheap for what you get. It's actually the much praised IZH35M with Walther aftermarket work and grips.

Easy to get replacement parts, grips and still being manufactured in Russia.

Edit: Those links to Frankonia.de seem to come up with a different pistol each time you click on them. Just keep going back and forward and you'll come up with the right one. :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

I have the Sig and yes there nothing but heartache. I'v fired the CZ Kadet (and in full 9mm) and it is indeed a fantastic .22lr pistol but I think there too expensive as just the Kadet. The conversion kit is a worthwhile buy if you are getting the 9mm alright.

The action is different to that of the full pistol and the Mosquito only the rear of the slide (and a subsection of it at that) cycles with each shot. That means its alot less fussy with ammo and alot less moving parts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭jcatony

Many thanks for the pointers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭mcguiver

Have one around a year, cheap and cheerfull and as accurate as the amount of practice I get.

I've fired cz, no issues with that.

What people don't tell you when you buy the mosquito is that they are fussy about ammo.
    Use CCI Minimag and you'll have no problem, or remington high velocity.

I tried lots of different ammo, jammed lots, broke my heart.

Since using CCI, no problems!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Fazer6

I've used a CZ122 for over a year now and I'm pleased as punch with it's performance. As standard it's got a fully adjustable rear sight with a crisp and clear target picture. A lovely trigger with definite first and second pressure. I tried many different brands of ammo with the pistol and my best results are with CCI standard velocity ammo. Consistantly tight groups with no flyers. I'd recommend one anyday.

Fazer6.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

mcguiver wrote:
    Have one around a year, cheap and cheerfull and as accurate as the amount of practice I get.

I've fired cz, no issues with that.

What people don't tell you when you buy the mosquito is that they are fussy about ammo.
    Use CCI Minimag and you'll have no problem, or remington high velocity.

I tried lots of different ammo, jammed lots, broke my heart.

Since using CCI, no problems!!!

I was using CCI but moved to Lapua Standard Club in the tin. There oily rounds and cycle perfectly.

Advertisement