Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom router- security?

Options
  • 24-09-2007 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭

Ive been try to hook the bros laptop up to my eircom router. it came with WEP enabled but i went for WPA PSK initially, however the problem is..no matter what security i try it looks like the router just wont allocate an IP address to the laptop, its just authenticates and then sits try trying to acquire an IP. I've had to set the fecking thing to open to get him on the web. It works fine once theres no encryption :mad:.

Is there something odd about eircoms setup on these netopia yokes? Can it only accept the default WEP key or something?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Bambi wrote:
    Ive been try to hook the bros laptop up to my eircom router. it came with WEP enabled but i went for WPA PSK initially, however the problem is..no matter what security i try it looks like the router just wont allocate an IP address to the laptop, its just authenticates and then sits try trying to acquire an IP. I've had to set the fecking thing to open to get him on the web. It works fine once theres no encryption :mad:.

Is there something odd about eircoms setup on these netopia yokes? Can it only accept the default WEP key or something?

No the netopia is quite happy with WPA - has it occurred to you that the problem may lie with the laptop?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

it sure has, im gonna bring me work laptop home tonight and see how that gets on. Bit odd though, I disabled the crappy dell network connectivity tool and it was still having the same problem, i tried a wireless card in the PC too a while back and that was having troubles as well. Might just bust the old d-link box back out

Advertisement