Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Req: HD TV - budget €700

• 24-09-2007 10:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭

The old panasonic is on the way out so i need a budget replacement. Whats the best i can get for €700?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Some good deals around,for sub €700 your talking 32" and you can get some very nice Samsungs for that...

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=333288

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=335671

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭GrumPy

I got a 26" S series Bravia for €650 if your interested :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Just saw a 32" Sony Bravia LCD in Dunnes for €800. Unfortunately, I couldnt get the actual model number (wasnt displayed with price and couldnt turn it round to check no. as it was no the top shelf!). Are all Bravia's the same spec - and all HD ready??

How does the above compare with the samsungs Sqaull20 mentioned above??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭briman1983

Get the mirai 32" for 470 inc delivery, great tv with a 3yr guarantee, www.misco.co.uk, misco are very good to deal with as well. ordered on a tuesday afternoon and got it on the thursday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,408 ✭✭✭✭muffler

briman1983 wrote:
    Get the mirai 32" for 470 inc delivery, great tv with a 3yr guarantee, www.misco.co.uk, misco are very good to deal with as well. ordered on a tuesday afternoon and got it on the thursday
    Not sure how good or bad the set is but thats a damn good price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭knighted

briman1983 wrote:

did electrical have a stock of these at 499 euros -ok its 30 extra but at least you have comeback in ireland as mirai dont have an irish service agent (afaik)
    if you run into warrenty issues then you can ring the retailer to sort it out instead of going thru the uk site

muffler wrote:
    Not sure how good or bad the set is but thats a damn good price

Have it here beside me now. friend has a toshiba 32" and it compares very well. also a nice looking tv not like some of the lidl and aldi ones that are about .

Well, i'm glad i started this thread now as this mirai sounds like a great deal. Have either of you viewed it in HD? If so, what was the quality like?

I will see if I can find some more reviews on it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,408 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Eurorunner wrote:
    Well, i'm glad i started this thread now as this mirai sounds like a great deal. Have either of you viewed it in HD? If so, what was the quality like?

I will see if I can find some more reviews on it...
    This was discussed last December here.

They have certainly dropped in price since that. Thankfully I didnt buy it at the time as I got one of the well documented 32" in Tesco for €399 after Xmas ;)

Have it connected to the computer all the time as an extended desktop and the picture is great, maybe not high enough resolution for dedicated use on the net etc but for the occasional use perfect, works with the xbox 360 perfect makes it look sharp/very bright screen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

Eurorunner wrote:
    Just saw a 32" Sony Bravia LCD in Dunnes for €800. Unfortunately, I couldnt get the actual model number (wasnt displayed with price and couldnt turn it round to check no. as it was no the top shelf!). Are all Bravia's the same spec - and all HD ready??

How does the above compare with the samsungs Sqaull20 mentioned above??

I believe the one in dunnes is the kdl32u2000.. which is an old model. Its silver i believe where the new Bravias are black. There is a newer version, P series I believe which is the same price

knighted wrote:
    did electrical have a stock of these at 499 euros -ok its 30 extra but at least you have comeback in ireland as mirai dont have an irish service agent (afaik)
    if you run into warrenty issues then you can ring the retailer to sort it out instead of going thru the uk site

I rang the Mirai Ireland Customer Service Number (1800 885400) and they confirmed that they will honour the 3 year pickup and return warranty. She did warn me that there would be a 3-5day turnaround as the tv would have to be couriered over and back - which i think is more than reasonable.

Order placed.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭jonno23

Just had a look at both the Mirai and the Hannspree on the misco website, anyone know which is the better tv? Apart from the longer warranty with the Miria, the specs look slightly better on the Hannspree. I must admit I also prefer the look of the Hannspree 32", and it's same price as Mirai.

I believe there was some issues with a different model of the Hannspree when used as a PC monitor, but I understand that's resolved now on these newer ones. I'm looking for a tv for the living room to replace our slowly dying set. I had a look at the cheaper LCDs in Powercity over the weekend, but they all looked pretty cheap and nasty, if you know what I mean!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭BNC

Sorry to sound thick but where's the option to specify Ireland in the address box on the Misco site? :)

Look like a good deal.

BNC wrote:
    Sorry to sound thick but where's the option to specify Ireland in the address box on the Misco site? :)

Look like a good deal.
    there isn't one. You have to phone them.

As regards the Hannspree, the response time is faster on the Mirai. Main reason I'm not going with it though is the lack of feedback on it whereas theres plenty of positive info posted on the www ref. the Mirai.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Shamo

Edit - already answered above about Ireland address :)

Going to give them a ring and order one of 32" lcds, if there's any left that is...

Eurorunner wrote:
    there isn't one. You have to phone them.

As regards the Hannspree, the response time is faster on the Mirai. Main reason I'm not going with it though is the lack of feedback on it whereas theres plenty of positive info posted on the www ref. the Mirai.

Thanks. Gonna order on eof these now.

Just put an order through there myself. Asked me for a post code... err yeah we dont have those yet... send it to number 3 in wexford. I bet the courier gets lost and throws the tv away.

Shamo wrote:
    Just put an order through there myself. Asked me for a post code... err yeah we dont have those yet... send it to number 3 in wexford. I bet the courier gets lost and throws the tv away.

Grr...that bloody postcode thing annoys the hell out of me. Don't they know that the irish universal postcode is 00000! :D
    Spent ages in phone calls to them and my bank trying to get the transaction through and still not sure if its placed. Did the rest of you get order confirmation emails directly after placing order?

Eurorunner wrote:
    Grr...that bloody postcode thing annoys the hell out of me. Don't they know that the irish universal postcode is 00000! :D
    Spent ages in phone calls to them and my bank trying to get the transaction through and still not sure if its placed. Did the rest of you get order confirmation emails directly after placing order?

Well I placed my order at around 2 and haven't got an email yet. Said they were forwarding on the details to accounts to put through the credit card transaction.

• Advertisement

Shamo wrote:
    Well I placed my order at around 2 and haven't got an email yet. Said they were forwarding on the details to accounts to put through the credit card transaction.
    Might be best to press them for an order confirmation. Before contacting them on the phone, i mailed them a query and they came back with this;
    Unfortunately we are now sold out of this item and it is being discontinued,
    I asked them to confirm my order which they did. I wonder does that mean misco are discontinuing sales of this model or mirai are discontinuing production?

Just rang them and she said it's waiting for credit confirmation and i'll get an email if it's gone through successfully or if there's a problem. I'm hoping this means they've reserved one of the TVs!

Edit - Got an order confirmation email , so seems good so far.

I placed my order at 16.30, took a little while to get the address sorted out (postcode thing again!). When they eventually got the address sorted they said my credit card didn't match my address, which isn't the case.
    Anyway, they were very friendly and said they'd pass on details to their accounts dept.

Just got a confirmation email now for my order so happy days :D

Edit: Another email to say order has been despatched. Quick service.

Yeah same here, i'll reserve judgement until it's at my doorstep! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,873 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

is it this Mirai ye are talking about
    http://www.misco.co.uk/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=266100&Sku=133001

what about the teco is that crap?

Yeah that's it.

The teco 32" is worse all around apart from it has slightly more wattage on the speakers and 2x HDMI connections instead of 1 in the Mirai

The response time is slower and contrast and brightness are lower.

https://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=329508

Would this be considered a bargain?

I dont have a rashers about TV's.

It was early afternoon on Monday when my order was eventually processed - and delivered at 3pm today. Watched a HD film clip run through an AV cable (which would limit quality) and it was very good.

As long as it doesnt fall to bits, I'm well pleased with the purchase.

good to hear it's a nice tv alright:) :)

• Advertisement

Apparently the courier didn't have my mobile so it's been on hold in the depot for the last few days. Going to collect it today and try the xbox 360 in HD glory!

Got mine wall mounted last night in the bedroom :) Looks great on the wall. Have my 360 connected to it and "wow" looks great!! Ran a few films through the screen too and it looks good.

Sky TV picture isn't great but that would be the SD source and not the TV. Overall I'm happy and delivery was very quick.

Well I got mine, tried to turn it on and it the picture comes up for about 2 seconds and the screen goes blank! Light stays green but no image/sound. I can see the menu options changing when im pressing buttons for the 2 seconds but picture just goes blank then.

Looks like I got the bad one :/ May ring them on monday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

I just saw an ad for Harvey Norman who are having a big sale on LCD's this weekend. A 42" for €799 I think it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

Shamo wrote:
    Well I got mine, tried to turn it on and it the picture comes up for about 2 seconds and the screen goes blank! Light stays green but no image/sound. I can see the menu options changing when im pressing buttons for the 2 seconds but picture just goes blank then.

Looks like I got the bad one :/ May ring them on monday

Shamo, I haven't seen this particular model of TV before, but it may be just defaulting to another picture source? I have seen this with some (CRT) TVs - how it is connected can affect what it tries to display.

If you're lucky it might just be a case of going into the menus and re-selecting the source or connecting to a different point (component instead of Scart) and selecting that.

Just a thought! Otherwise, thats a [EMAIL="b@lls"]b@lls[/EMAIL]!!

Doodlebug wrote:
    Shamo, I haven't seen this particular model of TV before, but it may be just defaulting to another picture source? I have seen this with some (CRT) TVs - how it is connected can affect what it tries to display.

If you're lucky it might just be a case of going into the menus and re-selecting the source or connecting to a different point (component instead of Scart) and selecting that.

Just a thought! Otherwise, thats a [EMAIL="b@lls"]b@lls[/EMAIL]!!

Yeah thought that myself but it just stays black no matter what I press or do on the remote/tv controls. Should at least see a menu or something.

Maybe it's something simple but sure i'll give them a ring on monday and see what they say.

• Advertisement

Shamo wrote:
    Yeah thought that myself but it just stays black no matter what I press or do on the remote/tv controls. Should at least see a menu or something.

Maybe it's something simple but sure i'll give them a ring on monday and see what they say.
    Sounds like you've tried this but the 'Source' button is located second from top right on the remote. There's a 'scart1' and 'scart 2' so make sure the right one is selected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Currys are doing a LG 37" HD ready for €799

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭Morbid.Angel

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,873 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Currys are doing a LG 37" HD ready for €799

did you catch the model number?

edit : i see on currys uk website it is the 37LC46 - seems good for the price.

Sorry to bring the thread up again!

Just so people know, Mirai do actually honour the irish side of the warranty and are sending me out a replacement.

Hopefully this one works!

• Advertisement

Well at least your not having problems with the replacement. I find my TV is starting to shrink since I got it.

Massive the first day and then it just gets smaller and smaller want a 42" now

Anyone having difficulty swapping the channel no. to a more appropriate number than that channel ended up with following the automatic scan?

The 'Swap program No.' option under 'TV Setup/Program Table' doesn't seem to work??

Advertisement