Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

battlefield 2 : euro force????

Options
  • 24-09-2007 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭

Okay, so I downloaded euroforce from the EA website, but now I can't play it. i can't find it anywhere. Also, if I try to register it on Ea, they don't show it in there list of games to register, nor did I receive a KEY for it because I downloaded it.

Can anyone help me>?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Silly question probably but.... are you sure it downloaded fully?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Yeah, it fully downloaded. I even played a game of it, once, and now haven't a clue where it is. No desktop shortcuts, no startbar shortcuts, nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Dont you have to play that through EA link maybe? I bought the bf2 collection thing before and when I went to play euro force and everytime I went register it on the EA site it wouldn't go past the screen for entering the CD-Key...

I also couldnt find any short cuts or anything in the custom games tab in the game.. on special forces

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I can't remember actually.

Have you tried :

a) Looking to see if there is a BF2 Euro Forces exe file ?

b) Going to the community tab to see if Euro Forces is listed as a mod (don't think so, that was Special Forces I think).

Don't you just have to click on a Euro Forces map to play Euro Forces? I don't think there's a special link or anything....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Yeah, I think it means that you can just join EF maps through BF2 as normal, if memory serves.

• Advertisement

Yep, SF was an add-on, a mod, which you had a seperate icon for.

AF and EF are just new skins/maps so I think you just need to search a server with 'euro' in the title or search for a map name.

Though using this list is pretty good too :

http://www.game-monitor.com/search.php?game=bf2&rulename=bf2_team2&ruleval=EU

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Ponster wrote:
    AF and EF are just new skins/maps so I think you just need to search a server with 'euro' in the title or search for a map name.

Correct, they're just extra content for the original, not separate in the same way as SF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭Willymuncher

You just join a server with a Euro map playing, try searching for operation smoke screen, taraba quarry or great wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

You probably have to reinstall the latest patch again too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

I tried installing the patch twice, ah screw it, hopefully getting SF in the post tomorrow anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

You just join a server with a Euro map playing, try searching for operation smoke screen, taraba quarry or great wall.

I have the double pack (armoured fury/euro forces), but I can never find a euro map to play on :confused:

Oh, and hello BF forum
    /me waves

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Ponster wrote:

I'll have to check this from home later. Although perhaps it's just a case of the ranked servers not running euro forces maps. I've played the odd Armoured Fury map, but that's it where the two booster packs have been concerned.

Advertisement