Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotels in Galway

Options
  • 24-09-2007 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭

hey guys, thinking of taking a trip to galway for a weekend with the missus, can anyone recommend some nice, but not too expensive hotels that have a leisure centre?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Radisson has a legend leisure centre IMHO, could spend half the day there no bother (Have done many a time). Excellent staff and spotless. Don't know about rates though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭louisecm

The Days hotel is relatively inexpensive and has a big leisure centre. Its a little bit out of the city centre (about a fiver in a taxi) but is very nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭galvianlord

ardilaun too!

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭BeansMeansHynes

kdouglas, I know you are looking for somewhere nice to stay but a word of warning. Do not go near the Imperial Hotel near Eyre Square. Stayed there in June for a weekend and it was such a kip. It was dirty filthy in every way. Staff included in that. Eugh! I have heard nothing but good things about the Radisson tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

Galway Hotel Guide has hotels in it, last I checked...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Aura

Jury's have some pretty good deals at the moment and it's great to be able to fall down Quay st and straight into bed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

The Clybaun Hotel in Knocknacarra.

I don't think that Jurys has a leisure centre, and I've heard a huge amount of bad things about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭galvianlord

jurys is horrible, a factory for stags and hens, rooms are ****ty and stained, puke stains in corridors, really really bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Aura

Oops didn't read part about leisure centre. Yeah Jury's not really the ticket then for that kind of weekend. Galway Bay, Clybaun or Ardilaun maybe..

Advertisement