Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurence companies that offer open insurence(17yo-XX)

Options
  • 24-09-2007 11:43pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Im looking for a company where I could put my name on my parents insurence!

I tried quinn direct but they do it only from the age of 26 and well, Im 17!

So could someone give me a few companies who do it? and what one you would recomend!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,283 ✭✭✭✭Esel

What you should be looking for is to be a 'named driver' on their policy. 'Open drive' will usually only allow drivers over say 25 with a full licence to drive that car.

By being a 'named driver' for a year or two (provided you don't have any accidents in that time), you should get a cheaper quotation when you go to insure a car in your own name.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Yep get yourself added as a named driver on their policy. Most insurance companies will have limitations such as age or license type on "open drive" policies as a rule.

PS most insurance companies give discounts for named driver experience these days.

Advertisement