Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas Price

Options
  • 25-09-2007 6:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

myself and the wife are living in a 3 bedroomed apartment. Long story short i was sick in bed last night and the wife was working nights so at 7pm she turns on the oven to cook something and forgot all about it(she didnt put anything in it)- she got home from the night shift at 6am today(half an hour ago) and goes to make breakfast and reliased the oven was still on(is a gas oven 1 ya light with a match)

Anyway now shes freaking out that our gas bill will be massive- basically the gas ovn was on for 11 hours straight- ive checked the meter and its gone up 400 so units

can anyone give me a rough idea how much it is ive no idea how much units are

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

The cost per unit will be on your last bill.
    Double check your reading and make sure that you are not reading decimal parts of a units as whole units.

An oven on for 11 hours is about the equivalent of cooking 4 sunday roasts. It's not going to be the end of the world bill-wise. Although it's a bit of a waste of gas. I wouldn't panic too much.

I would also advise you to delete your posts in Accom & Property and PI. Posting in multiple forums with the same question is regarded as spam and is not welcomed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

Ovens use very little gas so I wouldn't be overly concerned. It might be in region of €5 but won't be outrageous. - Just two less pints this weekend!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

mcaul wrote:
    Ovens use very little gas so I wouldn't be overly concerned. It might be in region of €5 but won't be outrageous. - Just two less pints this weekend!!!

€5 for 2 pints? Tell me the name of this wondrous pub you drink in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

I'd be more concerned about what could have happened had the pilot light blown out than a fivers worth of gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭knighted

wyndham wrote:
    I'd be more concerned about what could have happened had the pilot light blown out than a fivers worth of gas.

nothing would happen ,only the gas would stop flowing and would have saved him £5 :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement