Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cleaner urgently required - please help

• 25-09-2007 8:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭

Hello

Myself and my girlfriend live in Dublin. Her parents live on the Dunmore Road in Waterford - their house is about a 5min drive from the city centre.

They are both elderly and require someone to come in and do basic cleaning in the house (dusting, hoovering etc) for a few hours every week.

Does anyone have any recommendations of someone they know or a company?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated - we need someone ASAP for health reasons.

Many thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

If only you live in Tramore, id know someone.. ill ask to see if she would do a town job but I doubt it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

And she will. Ill send you a PM now. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭lynch_3001

you know that there is a goverment department for this a helping hand that you can get like 20hours a week, all on the tax payers, my mom getsit cos shes disabled, and my granda got it cos his wife was also in a bad way....i will get a name for you...there is a lot of things that the goverment pay for if you investigate them for the over 70's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

lynch_3001 wrote:
    you know that there is a goverment department for this a helping hand that you can get like 20hours a week, all on the tax payers, my mom getsit cos shes disabled, and my granda got it cos his wife was also in a bad way....i will get a name for you...there is a lot of things that the goverment pay for if you investigate them for the over 70's

Thanks for that but they're actually both only 68 and they're not really disabled or immobile just very 'elderly' if you know what I mean - and the dad has had cancer etc

Sully thanks a million for the PM - I replied :)

No hassle, hope its of use. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement