Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hey there delilah...

Options
  • 25-09-2007 8:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭

I have fallen in LOVE with Hey There Delilah by the Plain White T's.... I heard that it was a stalker that wrote the song?? Any background on it at all??
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1H7H7Kq3pM

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Its being played so much that its really getting on my nerves. The song itself is nothing special.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Okie

I could jump on the bandwagon here and slag off the above mentioned "song" but I'm sure there's enough people out there who can do it better than me.

But let me say this:

Given the option of either

A - Listening to this song

or

B - Jumping off the top of Blackpool Tower, hoping to catch my eyelid on a loose nail.

Well then, I'll be on the first tram, Tower bound.

Awful, hateful music.

/rant

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭BeansMeansHynes

Really hate that song! Its been played so much and getting very sick of it. So so annoying. Thought I was the only one out there that hated it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,262 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Written by a stalker?:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

The stalker must have an awful taste in music :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Thought it had a bit of a Paul Simon vibe going on. I quite like it although its starting to get overplayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I like it. I like the simplicity of the music and lyrics, they have an 'innocent' quality. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Girrrrseach

I like it. I like the simplicity of the music and lyrics, they have an 'innocent' quality. :)

I actually agree with that - Theres like 3 chords in the entire song, very simple, but I was bowled over when I heard it!

Yeah, I heard from a FEW people that it was written by a stalker.... :confused:

Anyway!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Dingatron wrote:
    Thought it had a bit of a Paul Simon vibe going on. I quite like it although its starting to get overplayed.

I agree with the paul simon comment, it is similar to him, but after about half way through it turns to repititive muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

It's a sweet little song the first few times, but the more I listen to it the more anodyne and uninspiring it becomes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hey_There_Delilah

Yep, it's by a stalker.

I like the song but IMO the lyrics are horrible and it's definitely overplayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Awful song. Whiny repetetive sh1te that James Cnut would be proud of.

Girrrrseach, it was written by the singer about some girl he met called Delilah Di Crescenzo, an athlete from Columbia University. So I suppose you could say it was written by a stalker, sort of.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

It's 100 times better than a lot of the crap that's out at the moment (take the number 1 single, for example)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Stargal wrote:
    It's a sweet little song the first few times, but the more I listen to it the more anodyne and uninspiring it becomes.
    I haven't heard it. Going by the above post, I don't think I need to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

I love it simple music simple words (and not simple in a bad way).:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Dudess wrote:
    I haven't heard it. Going by the above post, I don't think I need to.

Stargal is entitled to her opinion because she has heard the song but to blindly follow her opinion without having heard the song seems a little strange to me. Do you know Stargal well enough to know that her tastes will match yours perfectly? :confused:

Try searching youtube for the video first, then comment again, even if only to say Stargal was right ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Oh I DO know it! It's that incredibly bland, generic, instantly forgettable piece of fluff that's currently on a loop on every radio station. Horrible. And so similar to so much other sickly-sweet acoustic guitar-based stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

First time to hear it ,very paul simonissssh indeed ,think it would irritate me after a while to, if i had to listen to it every day for 2 weeks or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

I began to dislike it after being overplayed so much...but then my friends downloaded chords and played it acoustically on guitar and violin...its a beautiful melody....lyrics are sweet but can be annoying after repetiton...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

The most infantile lyrics since James Blunts Beautiful. Awful, awful song. I'll join Okie on the tower, rather than listen to a note of that wretched tune.

• Advertisement
Advertisement