Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help me with my long unruly hair!

• 25-09-2007 9:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I am a guy and I have long curly hair. I have been growing 18months now and its fairly long. The problem is the only style I can wear it is in a pony tail, if I wear it naturally it just frizzes and is all over the place, afrostyle. If I use gel it just makes it look weird. Also its very dense at the back and makes it look disproportionate to the front.

I would like to keep the length but keep it manageable, I don't think any of the usual Dublin barbers would do me any good as they specialize in buzz cuts. Therefore I think I would need to go to a hairstylist that is use to dealing with long hair, however I wouldn't know where to start to ask for what I want (i'm a guy rememeber!). So where could I go and what should I ask for? Should it be hairstraightening, Perm , whatever I just am clueless! I would be willing to pay that bit extra to get the right look

Thanks

D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭boffin

I would look for a picture of a men's hairstyle you like and then go into a hairdressers with it - also I would go to a hairdresser that is use to dealing with men. If you have curly hair, you don't need a perm and straightening it will be a pain - you just need to get it cut into a style and then use product to calm the frizz!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭damonjewel

Thats a good start Boffin I would agree, but the World wide web is very limited for what it can offer in the realm of online men's hairstyles. Also my hair type would probably limit me to what can be done.

Secondly I could go in and say I want the same golden locks as matthew mcConnaghy but it probably wouldn't be very manageable from day to day.

I suppose the first thing I should look for is shape, then manageability. But again this is my problem I simply don't know where to start

Again any tips links and guidelines are much appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Take yourself to somewhere decent, like Toni & Guy or any other salon in that league. Ask to talk to someone about styles that suit, but don't go in without a clue, have an idea of your own at least.

I also have thick unruly hair (female though) but I also get it thinned when having it cut. This takes a lot of the weight out of the hair. Any good hairdresser will help you out here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭boffin

its hard to give advice without knowing what your hair is like - why not try out one of those websites that show you lots of hairstyles - googled it and this one came up, which does mens sytles ---
    http://hairstyles.virtual-hairstyles.com/virtual_hairstyles.asp

And I seconded that suggestion ofd going to one of the bigger salons that are use to styling mens hair

Advertisement