Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MBA in Smurfit

Options
  • 25-09-2007 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm looking for some advice on this? I have an Electrical/Electronics Honours Degree and a Masters in Civil and Environmental and have been recommended to do the MBA in Smurfit. Is it worth it? Could someone give me advice on what age is suitable for it? Is the GMAT exam difficult?
    Thanks
    Gary

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭cerebus

GaryCocs wrote:
    Hi,
    Is the GMAT exam difficult?

The GMAT can be tricky - the actual math/english skills required are not that complex, but the way the questions are asked can throw you off. You also need to manage your time carefully to make sure you get through the essay, quant and verbal sections.

As a first step I'd suggest downloading the free GMAT test prep software from GMAC at www.mba.com - this provides you with two sample GMAT exams that you can use to practice. Handy for getting familiar with the way their computer interface works.

You can use this to figure out what kind of range you would be scoring in if you went in and sat the real thing. It may help to identify areas where you need to spend some time studying/brushing up before sitting the GMAT for real.

You might be able to find something on the Smurfit website describing what the average GMAT scores for their current/incoming classes are, or whether the school has a minimum GMAT requirement. Should give you a target to aim for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Nickthedub

Gary, give us a buzz at the school and we can talk you through the programme and whether it would be a good potential investment for you.

All the best
    Nick

Nick Barniville
    MBA Programme Director
    UCD Smurfit School
    01-716 4306

Advertisement