Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiplayer FPS on PC

Options
  • 25-09-2007 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭

Whats the best mulitplayer FPS on PC? I really like FPS games and I want to get one that has good online action. I have a decent PC 2.8ghz/1 gb RAM but a **** graphics card (64mb).

I hear there's a new unreal tournament out soon but I guess I wont be able to run it unless I buy a new card.

EDIT: 1gb of RAM, used to be 2GB ARggh!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Whats the best mulitplayer FPS on PC? I really like FPS games and I want to get one that has good online action. I have a decent PC 2.8ghz/1 mb RAM but a **** graphics card (64mb).

I hear there's a new unreal tournament out soon but I guess I wont be able to run it unless I buy a new card.

FPS is the one genre that really demands you keep up with the latest hardware.

graphics cards can be as expensive or inexpensive as you wish. it depends on how far you're willing to take your budget. you can run most games with at least medium settings with a cheap enough card (7600GT for example). i recommend an upgrade purely because it's seriously worth your while and you'll easily make use of the money you spend...

anyway, i spend most of my time with the likes of battlefield and everything by valve :D

i seriously hope you mean 1GB RAM, not 1MB RAM btw :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Whats the best mulitplayer FPS on PC? I really like FPS games and I want to get one that has good online action. I have a decent PC 2.8ghz/1 mb RAM but a **** graphics card (64mb).

Battelfield 2, Call of Duty? Which games have you played?

You will need a better graphics card and about another 999mb of ram.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

petes wrote:
    Battelfield 2, Call of Duty? Which games have you played?

You will need a better graphics card and about another 999mb of ram.
    I have played Call of duty and Half life 2 those were the last FPS's i played and they were deadly, half life could have been a bit longer but still great.

I just use my laptop for WoW goodness now so maybe I'll get a new desktop and then use that for gaming. Or maybe I'll buy an Xbox 360 or maybe I'll just rob a bank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Gizzle

Rob a bank ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory, still a great game and its FREE!!!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Enemy Territory: Quake Wars is out on Friday. I loved the demo.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

UT3 will rip any but the newer (newest) range of graphics cards into tiny little pieces, while defecating on the remains. Tbh, with a 64mb graphics card, you'd struggle to even play CS:S. Wolfenstien: Enemy Territory might work, but not much else will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Team Fortress 2
    It costs $44.95 on steam at the moment, but you also get episode 1 and 2 of Half-Life 2, and Portal thrown in:p

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭whitetrash

tman wrote:
    Team Fortress 2
    It costs $44.95 on steam at the moment, but you also get episode 1 and 2 of Half-Life 2, and Portal thrown in:p

Plus: it's awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Plus your system won't run it!

Well, it might, but it'd be like an arthritic old woman carrying a bag of potatoes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Depends on what you like.

Realism? Arcade? etc

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭whitetrash

Zillah wrote:
    Plus your system won't run it!

Well, it might, but it'd be like an arthritic old woman carrying a bag of potatoes.

A really good looking old woman, though ;)

Best PC multiplayer FPS games ever:

Quake 1, 3, 2 (in order of bestness)
    UT (any of them really)
    Medal of Honour Allied Assault
    SWAT 4 co-op
    Wolf: ET
    Counterstrike

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Maximilian wrote:
    Enemy Territory: Quake Wars is out on Friday. I loved the demo.

I second this ... the AI in the demo is great if you want to play stand alone ...

The online play is pretty cool as well .... though I've just found myself playing against the computer while I try to brush up on my skills with it ...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Black Hawk Down still has me entralled after all this time. And it's a budget release packaged with it's add-on pack, plus it's graphics requirements weren't that much, if I recall, so it should work on your system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

BF2142 - Rather enjoyable, has unlockables and stuff.
    Quake Wars - Objective/team based FPS, I really recommend this.
    UT2004 - Fast based futuristic FPS. You'll get fustrated unless you have experience.

Oh, and say no to Counter-Strike. That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

huh... nobody has mentioned FEAR Combat? Funny since its FREE!!!

Oh, actually I see why now as the OP's PC won't be able to play it. But if you get a new PC then definitely get FEAR Combat. Been playing it on and off for the last few days and its actually pretty good fun. The nail gun is hilarious. Its also excellent being able to scissor kick people in the head.

For now, i'd recommend the OP go with UT1, Quake3 and CS 1.6.

Quake 3 is still excellent fun, we play it a lot in work as pretty much any PC will run it nowadays. There are also a lot of excellent mods out for. Urban Terror being my favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Medal of Honor Allied Assault for Me :D:D
    Or else BF2

COD2 is pretty decent aswell, didnt like ET:QW at all, but i have to say the Crysis Beta is excellent, like a mix of (far Cry, BF2 and CSS), i really liked it

Would also say Painkiller, FEAR is decent singleplayer, didnt like it online though

Advertisement