Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to buy halo 3?

• 25-09-2007 11:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone knew what prices the shops are selling it far. Where would be the cheapest place to get it tomorrow?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

I'd say most shops will be selling it for 74.99, Gamestop might have a small deal one.

I heard Smyths have a great deal, I think something like 55-60 but you need a smyths card.

I'm just going to head to Game and see if they have it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

argos it is 59.99

it wont be 75 quid, dont over pay for it.
    try xtravision, i find that gamestop and game are very expensive when it comes to games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

According to their site Smyths will have the limited edition (ie tin) for €64.99
    http://www.toys.ie/Shop_Product_Detail.aspx?pcode=E07743

Normal for €64.99 also
    http://www.toys.ie/Shop_Product_Detail.aspx?pcode=E03702

€60 in Argos for standard version
    If you're paying €75 for games you're insane, shop around.

tbh its the same game, doesnt matter what case it comes in

we will al finish it, play it online for a while then get bored of it. Im going for the standard version, MS get enough out of me already besides another 5 - 15 for a special case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Okay but as I said above, their site indicates they're selling both at the same price. The tin version would be a nicer case, and comes with an extra disc and artbook. So if you're buying in Smyths, getting the tin version makes sense if it's the same price.

• Advertisement

fair point

anyone know what xtravisions price is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

€75 - HMV

€60 - Argos (where I'm getting it from)

Dunno how much Xtra Vision are going to charge for it. They had signs up that that said "you can be sure we won't be beaten on price" or words to that effect. So I'd imagine they will match the Argos price. AFAIK they don't open until 10am during the week.

EDIT: BTW the HMV price is for the cheapest edition they will be selling. I don't know what edition that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

anybody know if theres anywhere it might be at all possible to get a legendary edition from??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

whats in the legendary pack ? costs so muchhh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

0ubliette wrote:
    anybody know if theres anywhere it might be at all possible to get a legendary edition from??

I have a pre-order at The Square in Tallaght that I won't be using. Was told that it's on a first-come, first serve basis even with the pre-order because they're oversubscribed. If you want to chance it, you can have it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

I have a pre-order at The Square in Tallaght that I won't be using. Was told that it's on a first-come, first serve basis even with the pre-order because they're oversubscribed. If you want to chance it, you can have it.

Thanks man, but thats a bit far for me to go just for that :D
    Gonna come into town early tomorrow and jsut see if i can blag one somewhere.

Legendary edition has all the stuff int he collectors edition, but with a replica MC helmet, and a dvd with all the cut scenes from halo 1 & 2 remastered in hi def.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Goddamnit, wish that I hadn't placed an order with Sendit now... damn thing has been "ready for dispatch" since yesterday morning.
    I could've got it for less in Smyths on Wednesday evening with my loyalty card:(

I received a text offer from Smyths the other day, €54.99 (for the standard edition I presume) if you show the text in store.
    PM me if you don't have a loyalty card and want me to forward the text...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭matchthis

I'll take that if ye don't mind kind sir. Any details you can pm to say to them, that i'm getting yours if it's their?? ;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Fnz wrote:
    Dunno how much Xtra Vision are going to charge for it... AFAIK they don't open until 10am during the week.
    I dropped into my Xtravision (Blackrock) yesterday to make sure they were going to have it in.
    They don't open till 11am. At least I'll get some breakfast that day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

tman wrote:
    Goddamnit, wish that I hadn't placed an order with Sendit now... damn thing has been "ready for dispatch" since yesterday morning.
    I could've got it for less in Smyths on Wednesday evening with my loyalty card:(

I received a text offer from Smyths the other day, €54.99 (for the standard edition I presume) if you show the text in store.
    PM me if you don't have a loyalty card and want me to forward the text...

It would probably be handier for yourself if you paste the text message into this thread, and people can send it to themself through webtext.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

AdrianII wrote:
    fair point

anyone know what xtravisions price is

Just saw an ad on the paper and they are selling it for €59.99 including €5 worth of vouchers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Virgin usually sell their newly released games at €55, Forza 2, Bioshock and a couple of others came in at that price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Antigone05

Halo 3 standard will be 56€ in all branches of Harvey Norman

metal box i think will be 65-70..not sure yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

Tescos seem stocked up for selling Halo3. They didn't have any prices on the display but might be handy for those that want to get their hands on a copy tonight in a 24hr store. BTW saw display in Nutgrove branch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

I was in town today so i asked around. Game are selling for €75 (which is a rip off so they'll prop drop price by tomorrow). Smyths was €65, gamestop is €70, and the guy in hmv said €60 (wich would be €54 if you have a student card).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

The xtravision website has the halo3 release date as October 1st?!? Surely a mistake!

I'm nearly happy to wait till the weekend, don't want to be in college pining for halo 3 after playing it the night before...those are longest days of all.

Could cdwow and AnPost be relied upon to deliver it by friday or am i being optimistic??

*Itchy trigger finger*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

DirkVoodoo wrote:
    The xtravision website has the halo3 release date as October 1st?!? Surely a mistake!

I'm nearly happy to wait till the weekend, don't want to be in college pining for halo 3 after playing it the night before...those are longest days of all.

Could cdwow and AnPost be relied upon to deliver it by friday or am i being optimistic??

*Itchy trigger finger*

Not a hope in hell. A guy I work with pre-ordered Bioshock from cdwow and it only shipped yesterday, a month later. Cdwow are terrible lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

i went into game they were syaing if u pre odreded halo - its 60e if u didnt its 75!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

ok, i just rang HMV in swords. The lady on the phone said they were selling it for 57.99 for tomorrow ONLY. She also said you can use your student discount which works out to €53.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i went into game they were syaing if u pre odreded halo - its 60e if u didnt its 75!!!!

probably because of the deposit in fairness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Nephew wrote:
    It would probably be handier for yourself if you paste the text message into this thread, and people can send it to themself through webtext.
    Good point:o
    <snip>
    /edit
    See Captain Chaos' post below...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

What are Smyths like for trade-ins?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

So do you mean you have to get someone to send you that text to get it in smyths for 55 euro?

Is it 55 euro with the loyalty card on its own? Or do you need the text?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

shortys94 wrote:
    So do you mean you have to get someone to send you that text to get it in smyths for 55 euro?

Is it 55 euro with the loyalty card on its own? Or do you need the text?

I got the text from smyths for the €55 offer, you have to register with them to get it, you can't pass it to anyone else. All you need is the text.

With the loyality card you can get it for 55 aswell, but you can't use both on the same purchase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

mcgovern wrote:
    Not a hope in hell. A guy I work with pre-ordered Bioshock from cdwow and it only shipped yesterday, a month later. Cdwow are terrible lately.
    Your not kidding, I waited 2 months for Tomb Raider Anniversary to be sent!:eek:

Advertisement