Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to buy halo 3?

Comments

64.99 in smyths for both the standard and collectors edition. That is without a loyalty card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭johnnyflav

€52 (with student card) in HMV (€58 normal price).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,821 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

You think gettin a copy come 5 o clock on Henry street wont be a problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

What a crock! Just rang xtravision saying I had smackdown vs raw 2007 (shudder, my brothers game) and PGR3. Hardly brand new games, which is why I want to trade them in.

Combined trade-in value: €23!!!

What exactly is going to get me that magic €40? I'm hardly going to trade in GoW and Bioshock for a measely €40.

Ok, rant over...guess ill just put the €23 towards halo3 and be happy...

See you all on xbox live

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

€49.95 in Tesco :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

;
    DirkVoodoo wrote:
    What a crock! Just rang xtravision saying I had smackdown vs raw 2007 (shudder, my brothers game) and PGR3. Hardly brand new games, which is why I want to trade them in.

Combined trade-in value: €23!!!

What exactly is going to get me that magic €40? I'm hardly going to trade in GoW and Bioshock for a measely €40.

Ok, rant over...guess ill just put the €23 towards halo3 and be happy...

See you all on xbox live

I'm hoping gears of war and lost planet will do it for me ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

GAME are €59.99 (Standard Edt), trade 2 get it for free, games for trade include -
    MEDAL OF HONOR: AIRBORNE, FORZA MOTORSPORT 2, BIOSHOCK, TWO WORLDS, COLIN MCRAE: DIRT, TRANSFORMERS, BLUE DRAGON, STUNTMAN: IGNITION, TIGER PGA TOUR 2008, MADDEN NFL 2008, STRANGLEHOLD, OVERLORD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭rliston

anyone know where the cheapest place in limerick is? hoping to get it tommorrow

PS have a student card and a smyths loyality card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

got it at 10am this morning at gamestop swords for 59.99

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭MrMojoRising

azezil wrote:
    €49.95 in Tesco :)

Which tesco? anyone know if the tesco on baggot st sells videogames?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,628 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

On a sidenote lads,
    make sure you check your discs before driving away or whatever..
    Opened up the Limited Tin earlier before leaving the shopping center to find big dirty gouges (not scratches!) around the inner part of the disc..
    Straight back into the shop, and the next 4 tins opened where showing similar issues (although not as bad, still enough the prevent playback I suspect)..
    Ended up putting together a match up of decent discs from about 5 different opened packs in total, before walking out of the shop satisfied with their physical condition..
    3 of the 5 packs had discs fully loose from holdings when opened up, the other two were held in, but had obvious signs of damage even so..

The scratch problem reported earlier in the week in the US looks to have shown up over here, so save yourselves a bit of heartache and ask to have any sealed tins opened up there and then..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Which tesco? anyone know if the tesco on baggot st sells videogames?

Not according to the advertisement they don't, was going to pop up myself at lunch but it appears to be onlythe large and Extra stores.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 wrobel

Picked it up this morning at Tesco in Clare Hall on Malahide Road for €49.95

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

got the last one in Tesco Jervis at lunch time today (they were sold out on the shelves but one of the staff had hidden 2 under the cash register!! ).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

ah ya punk, was gonna head over to Jervis street now! Least I wont waste my lunch break... Thanks for the heads up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Just got back from town, (galway) had Halo booked in GAME, when I went in they said they had a legendary edition going for 110, cos someone who had booked it didnt want it, so I got it. The helmet is seriously class. Havent played it yet tho. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

mise wrote:
    ah ya punk, was gonna head over to Jervis street now! Least I wont waste my lunch break... Thanks for the heads up

you'll get one today .. if you just believe

:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

got it in Game liffey valley for €20 after trading in Bioshock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

for anyone looking for limited or legendary i was in gamestop in santry this morning and they said they had a few of each not booked.

limited was 75e not sure about leg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Walked in of the street to GAME on Dawson Street this morning and they had loads. I asked did they have any left and they said only the Standard and Limited Edition. Not quite sure what that meant, but picked up the Standard for €60.

Probably could have picked it up 10 euro cheaper in Tesco, but heck I'm rich so I couldn't be bothered :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

ntlbell wrote:
    for anyone looking for limited or legendary i was in gamestop in santry this morning and they said they had a few of each not booked.

limited was 75e not sure about leg.

My local game emporium aswell, pity I got the game a week ago (normal retail) as I wouldve preffered the limited edition pack (minus the scratches!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 hopefull

harvey normans swords have it in for 56 euro loads of ppl been getting it there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Nice to know you work there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

Virgin was already mentioned but what wasn't is that they now have a 10% student discount. Meaning I picked up the limited edition there for €54! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Despite convincing myself that I would finish Bioshock before getting this I just couldnt help it when I walked past my local Xtravision. The perils of being in full time employment, I can afford to buy all the games I want but I dont have time to finish them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Traded in Brian Lara and FEAR for in Xtra-Vision in the Square and got the Collector's Edition free. Seemed to have loads of them too. A mate of mine got the Legendary Edition in GAME. Not sorry I passed it up really, it's not worth the extra cash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

Sorry to get off the point but Harvey Normans (Mullingar) are selling FORZA 2 with a wireless controller for €45 !!!!!!!!!!.:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,699 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Traded in Dead Rising and FEAR for a free copy (standard) in Xtravision.
    Damn successful marketing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Got Halo 3 for €44.96! in tesco, now thats value!

They only have 3000 or so between all the stores and when they run out it will be full price from then on.

Tesco Ballybrack had about 10 left at 5:30

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

Is tesco ballybrack 24 hour because I'll be passing there later. I don't think I'll even bother with Bray as it's probably sold out there.

Advertisement