Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to buy halo 3?

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

do xtravision still do that extra tenner if you trade in 2 games...if so how much will i get for.....Bioshock,GRAW, saints row (15 i hope) ????????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

As long as you trade in any two games that have a combined trade-in value of €40 or more, you'll get the Halo Collectors Edition for nothing in Xtra-Vision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭okla

I just ordered the limited edition 2 disc pack us version (even though its region free) from play asia, it worked out at €46 delivered with $10 off code DE-ALT-AKB
    its not released till october 2nd but i can wait for good value

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Nephew wrote:
    Is tesco ballybrack 24 hour because I'll be passing there later. I don't think I'll even bother with Bray as it's probably sold out there.
    YEP! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

Thanks man. There were about 10 left in Ballybrack a few hours ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

As was mentioned before, its €55 for the standard ed. in Virgin. Picked mine up in Dundrum, where Tesco was sold out but virgin had plenty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

49.99 from Tesco in Clarehall last night - they were on a stand beside the aisle, didn't see any on the actual shelf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Did many people get the collectors edition and find it covered in scratches. I got one at the midnight launch at Game in Galway and had to return the following morning. Crashed at level 2. My replacement wasn't perfect either. I can't understand having such a major packaging design flaw. It's only the biggest game of the year.

When trading it, the guy there said that even the Legendary boxsets were missing the actual game cases. Now that's a kick in the teeth.

Yes they did. MS are going to replace them for free until February '08. The source is on xbox.com. Do a google search for "halo 3 collectors edition scatched" and you should get all the info you need.

My disc was also dislodged from the holder but no damage was done really so i'll be keeping it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Xtravision, traded in smackdown and PGR3 (both bundle copies) for €23 so halo for €37 plus €5 worth of €1 off vouchers...not too bad!

On a side note, hooked up halo3 to the high def TV and I can't understand all these "Halo 2.5" comments. The environments are richly detailed, vibrantly coloured and full of detail...my only gripe is getting to grips with the new control scheme...I keep feckin deploying stuff when I mean to reload....arrgghh!!

Great game, would have liked more of a kind of "Pack AI" mentality with the brutes, if ya know what I mean.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

As long as you trade in any two games that have a combined trade-in value of €40 or more, you'll get the Halo Collectors Edition for nothing in Xtra-Vision.

Standard,not limited edition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Really? I got the Collectors Edition and €3 back on a gift card because the games were actually worth €43.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

DirkVoodoo wrote:
    Xtravision, traded in smackdown and PGR3 (both bundle copies) for €23 so halo for €37 plus €5 worth of €1 off vouchers...not too bad!

On a side note, hooked up halo3 to the high def TV and I can't understand all these "Halo 2.5" comments. The environments are richly detailed, vibrantly coloured and full of detail...my only gripe is getting to grips with the new control scheme...I keep feckin deploying stuff when I mean to reload....arrgghh!!

Great game, would have liked more of a kind of "Pack AI" mentality with the brutes, if ya know what I mean.

so change the controls to whatever you want?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,028 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Balls... how is it i'm not particularly a Halo fan, yet i own the first two.. and i said i wouldn't bother with the third. Yet i went into Tesco after work and it was on the shelf and i couldn't resist!

Bargain at 50 euros there.. was a tenner more in both Xtra-Vision and GameStop.

Arrggghh!

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭MrMojoRising

Picked up the Limited Edition (they're selling them for the same price as the standard ones) in Smyths. Got it for 59.99 (had a €5 voucher).
    No scratches either.

Now... its time to finish the fight :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

I heard a radio add saying that gamestop are selling it for €1 when you trade in 2 360 games. Can anyone confirm this or is there a set list of games. im going to dublin on saturday and i might pick one up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

thats true, but they have to be fairly good games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

So Battlefield 2 and King Kong wouldnt qualify then :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

No,works on the limted edition as well, got mine when I traded in 2 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭Darwin

Any ideas as to what Ghost Recon 2 and Fight Night 3 might get on a trade-in in Xtravision?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Bought mine at the official launch. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YltK8y9jKpk

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

just like when darth vadar came to dunnes stores when we were kids! (Except vadar was cooler!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭Darwin

Ok got 42 euro for both Ghost Recon 2 and Fight Night 3 in Xtravision. I opted for the collectors edition and received a further 10 euro discount, so paid 13 euro in total! The disc was rattling around in the box, so I opened it there and then and had it exchanged on the spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭lafors

He was outside the launch party at the POD.
    Whats with him walking like a robot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

I traded in Prey and CoD3 in XtraVision with their "Trade in 2 games and get Halo 3 free" deal. The trade ins came €42 so I got H3 and a gift card with €2 on it, which I spent on a large Galaxy :)

What made the deal even sweeter was that both of the trade-ins were pre-owned games which I bought from XtraVision in the first place.

Advertisement