Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The state of clubs and soc in LIT

Options
  • 25-09-2007 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭

Has anyone an opinion on the state of clubs and socs, or lack there of.

if you were around last week it would appear that the outdoor soc is the only one in the college. its nice to see them out with such a big display trying to entice people in, but where the feck are all the rest of them?

is this an evil circle type of situation:
    people don't join clubs because they think that they are sh1t and the clubs are sh1t because noone joins them.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

sme wrote:
    Has anyone an opinion on the state of clubs and socs, or lack there of.

if you were around last week it would appear that the outdoor soc is the only one in the college. its nice to see them out with such a big display trying to entice people in, but where the feck are all the rest of them?

is this an evil circle type of situation:
    people don't join clubs because they think that they are sh1t and the clubs are sh1t because noone joins them.

Back in my time which was 99-03 the club scene was brutal. IMO it was all friends who ran these clubs and only their friends seemed to join! I only went a few times to SU office for advice as the place was just a hang out for the presidents friends and they were no help!

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭fatgav

isn't there a clubs and socs day tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭sme

i saw that yesterday they seem to have made an effort this year. but they still didn't entice me to join anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Guys, I was out there yesterday and if that's a farily decent effort then socs out there aren';t up to much. I think there was only one club?? and 3 or 4 socs...not exactly encouraging, but at least for those who get involved its sopmething to do every now and then.

The music soc are particularly worthy of praise!

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭sme

when you say that you were out there yesterday can i assume that you are not normally there? are you prehaps a ul student?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

I joined the Music soc, Drumming Soc, Fr. Ted appreciation soc, and several others....i had no trouble finding them, mind you they were on a different day to the outdoor one.

Advertisement