Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

To become a brother...

• 25-09-2007 11:47am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Is there anything I need to do besides working on my (already generous) belly?

Hair is thinning nicely. Beer is all good. Whats the official view on cider?

Favourite food is ALOT. Of anything, really :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

SDooM wrote:
    Is there anything I need to do besides working on my (already generous) belly?

Hair is thinning nicely. Beer is all good. Whats the official view on cider?

Well, as YORE MAs barman, cider is a summer drink only unless your are a woman IMO. Other than that you seem to be on the right track, a beer fridge beside the PC is another handy item if you have no wimmin to supply you, and obviously anything with the words diet or lite associated is to be avoided like the plague.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Well first you'll have to fight the entire BGRH Strike team in one on many, no vest combat in a rain soaked street.

Then we will soak you in something like Fat Frog and you will have to endure 3 hours of the BGRH wimmen licking it off you. If you cream yourself during this, you lose and will be shipped to the paranormal forum as an exile :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Well, as YORE MAs barman, cider is a summer drink only unless your are a woman IMO. Other than that you seem to be on the right track, a beer fridge beside the PC is another handy item if you have no wimmin to supply you, and obviously anything with the words diet or lite associated is to be avoided like the plague.

Argos are selling a USB one you can bring with your laptop. It was an immediate purchase for me! Not great though.

DarkJager wrote:
    Well first you'll have to fight the entire BGRH Strike team in one on many, no vest combat in a rain soaked street.

Then we will soak you in something like Fat Frog and you will have to endure 3 hours of the BGRH wimmen licking it off you. If you cream yourself during this, you lose and will be shipped to the paranormal forum as an exile :D

Harsh ! :p

DarkJager wrote:

a) This is a trick question? Fighting requires energy. If you must, I shall take you on at streetfighter 2. That way we can burn less calories.

b) Ok but I'm not stopping farting/ belching just cos wimmens are around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

DarkJager wrote:

that sound like the best endurance test ever. Could only be taught up in here :D:D

SDooM wrote:
    Argos are selling a USB one you can bring with your laptop. It was an immediate purchase for me! Not great though.

They can only handle one beer at a time, I mean WTF, Rookie mistake.

They can only handle one beer at a time, I mean WTF, Rookie mistake.

We were all rookies once, I learned my lesson!

Fighting requires energy yes, but it must be proven you are willing to BLEED for the BGRH ;) Plus the added bonus of having a thumping matrix style soundtrack during the fight.

Farting/Burping during the second test is perfectly acceptable :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Becoming a brother is more about what you don't do than what you do do. Grab a beer from the mini-fridge that ocuppies the other half of the couch, put the feet up, have your food delivered to you and that's it. Leave the cleaning up and all that womanly stuff to herself!

• Advertisement

DarkJager wrote:
    Fighting requires energy yes, but it must be proven you are willing to BLEED for the BGRH ;) Plus the added bonus of having a thumping matrix style soundtrack during the fight.

Ok, but no one plays clubbed to death. I'm sick of hearing it. And if anyone's wearing leather, I'm outta there :)

Should the wimmins be warned of my potential eructations?

jester77 wrote:
    Becoming a brother is more about what you don't do than what you do do. Grab a beer from the mini-fridge that ocuppies the other half of the couch, put the feet up, have your food delivered to you and that's it. Leave the cleaning up and all that womanly stuff to herself!

Ok. Now THAT is a goal to aspire to

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭HAPPYGIRL

DarkJager wrote:

Who made you boss :eek:

And the drink has to be heineken, or no can do. :D

HAPPYGIRL wrote:

And the drink has to be heineken, or no can do. :D

Not going to argue!

You have to wear a purple trenchcoat, stilletos and a purple fur hat for the fight. Are you ok with that? :D

Sure. Plenty of places to hide weapons!!! :D Or food.

Exactly. I think you fit the bill for brotherhood status. What do the others think??

Right he's in on a probationary status now Mr DooM off to the bar with ya and get yer round on !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

I heard he tried to flush the shítter after a particularly nasty dump and looked for a brush.!!!!

Surely that would rule him out??

I heard he tried to flush the shítter after a particularly nasty dump and looked for a brush.!!!!

Surely that would rule him out??

:D Nasty rumours, nothing more!!! :)

Drinky drinky!

• Advertisement

Where did you hear this brother FB? :D

so are we having a fight or what???

cryingbaby1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

It was mentioned on other threads but I will accept its only a rumour as I cannot dig up the actual post.

Il'l accept his word that he wouldn't interfere with a well spread prizewinner:D

It was mentioned on other threads but I will accept its only a rumour as I cannot dig up the actual post.

Il'l accept his word that he wouldn't interfere with a well spread prizewinner:D

I truly wouldn't. There is nothing sweeter than the splash and smell of a well laid floater!

jester77 wrote:
    so are we having a fight or what???

cryingbaby1.jpg

you can have the kids on your side, I'll have the youre ma regulars holding them! :)

SDooM wrote:
    you can have the kids on your side, I'll have the youre ma regulars holding them! :)

That was from a previous induction. As brothers we are too lazy to fight, the wimmin are too busy cooking and cleaning for us, so that just leaves us with the kids to fight these battles!

jester77 wrote:
    That was from a previous induction. As brothers we are too lazy to fight, the wimmin are too busy cooking and cleaning for us, so that just leaves us with the kids to fight these battles!

I've got no kids... so we can either
    a) I can get in a fight with one of your kids

b) we can do the streetfighter thing (and in order to make it harder, do it while drunk)

Whaddya think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭trout

SDooM wrote:

'nuff said. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Hmmm, I was thinking of putting a wrestling ring in the bar, you know, for the mud-wrestling ladies.

You two can try it out before any mud goes in, if you would like.

• Advertisement

SDooM wrote:
    I've got no kids... so we can either
    a) I can get in a fight with one of your kids

b) we can do the streetfighter thing (and in order to make it harder, do it while drunk)

Whaddya think?

My kid is dangerous, he hasn't developed a gut yet so he's lively around the ring. You might be safer going for option 2!

How about we make this an event? The 2 of you can come and slug it out in the nightclub on friday night, sort of like the evenings "main event" :D

trout wrote:
    'nuff said. :)

Thanks for the vote of confidence :D

jester77 wrote:
    My kid is dangerous, he hasn't developed a gut yet so he's lively around the ring. You might be safer going for option 2!

Street Fighter 2 touranment in Yore Mas? On the new plasmas? Loosers buy the beers?

SDooM wrote:
    Street Fighter 2 touranment in Yore Mas? On the new plasmas? Loosers buy the beers?

Can i be in. You're looking at a true legend on that game. Did you know that ryu can do a backthatburthat over ken's and the other ryu's adoogins?

Any chance SDooM has of joining the brotherhood has been completely obliterated by this:
    SDooM wrote:
    Was just about to ask the same. I would love to try mystery shopping

WTF? :confused:

• Advertisement

tom dunne wrote:
    Any chance SDooM has of joining the brotherhood has been completely obliterated by this:

To the Gallows with you SDooM so we can hang you with a handbag

tom dunne wrote:

Unless that was in a brewery or a beer warehouse then that is indeed a very unfortunate comment.

Explanation required...

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I couldn't be arsed looking it up but I'm sure it says in the charter that a Brother shall not shop unnecessarily. As necessary items consist of food, alcohol and entertainment items such as pr0n, DVDs or games and nothing else, and physically shopping for them should only be a last resort when all home delivery options have been exhausted, there is no guarantee that mystery shopping would result in the purchase of any of these. Consequently the endeavour falls into the unnecessary shopping category and the perpetrator must have scorn and ridicule heaped upon him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭trout

zaph wrote:
    I couldn't be arsed looking it up but I'm sure it says in the charter that a Brother shall not shop unnecessarily. As necessary items consist of food, alcohol and entertainment items such as pr0n, DVDs or games and nothing else, and physically shopping for them should only be a last resort when all home delivery options have been exhausted, there is no guarantee that mystery shopping would result in the purchase of any of these. Consequently the endeavour falls into the unnecessary shopping category and the perpetrator must have scorn and ridicule heaped upon him.

What he said! Rhubarb, rhubarb,rhubarb.

/grabs popcorn and sits back

tom dunne wrote:

Quite easy

Mystery shopping = stuff for free

free = costs nothing

no cost = no work

no work = more time drunk

Gotta look at the bigger picture lads. :)

Actually in all honesty would like to scope out a new phone that way!

• Advertisement

SDooM wrote:
    Quite easy

Mystery shopping = stuff for free

free = costs nothing

no cost = no work

no work = more time drunk

Gotta look at the bigger picture lads. :)

Actually in all honesty would like to scope out a new phone that way!

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Whatever.

Shopping is for the wimmins, simple as that.

We need you to prove you are not really a big girl.

Ok, well how do we go about that?

she'd have to be a very, very big girl!

Advertisement