Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How do I get on internet from nokia 770 (3 broadband)

• 25-09-2007 12:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hello folks,

Not sure if I should be posting in this forum, but it seemed the closest to what I'll be asking, so I risked it! Basically, I have 3 mobile 'broadband'. I also have a nokia 770 and a sharp 550sh 3g phone which was initially vodafone but has been unlocked. I'd like to put the sim into the mobile and connect via bluetooth to get internet access from my nokia 770. Is this possible? I know it wouldn't reach the broadband speeds (hah hah hah :D ) but I'd settle for anything just to be able to browse anywhere.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

The settings for 3 are in the operator settings sticky at the top of the forum.

There's a small mistake in them though. It says the homepage is mobile.3ireland.ie/bb... but its mobile.3ireland.ie/hb...

Do you want to use it on the phone or plugged into a laptop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055129133
    Should automatically be able to connect once you pair both devices. I've never had a problem with it on my 770 via a few handsets. Pretty much leave all settings at default and away you go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 SheDivil

Thanks for the continued assistance! I took a look at those settings in the sticky before - I can't figure out what goes where in my phone :(

Ok, more detail about the problem below, headings suggested by the sticky above:

Operator - 3
    Type of account - 3 mobile broadband pay monthly
    Make/model handset - Sharp 550sh. Was vodafone, but unlocked.
    No error messages, as I don't know how to try to make it connect :)
    PDA - well, of sorts.. nokia 770
    Connecting via bluetooth, built in software.

Now.. the internet settings on the phone have the following editable options:

Internet settings
    Wap settings

Profile Name
    Proxy
    Use proxy (on/off)

Streaming Settings
    Profile name
    Proxy address
    Proxy port number (default 554)
    Access Point

Proxy Settings
    Proxy Name
    Proxy Address
    Access Point
    Home
    Port number (default 80)
    Authentication type (HTTP-Basic or HTTP-Digest)
    User name
    Password

Access Point Settings
    Access Point Name
    APN
    Authentication type (PAP, CHAP or NONE)
    User name
    Password
    DNS
    Linger Time (in seconds)

Re-provisioning Settings
    Execute Pending (no idea what this does, but its a command, not a changeable option like the others)

The tabs are basically there to indicate sub-options under a particular header. EDIT: Tabs didn't show, so I've made headers in bold instead. So you see, my problem is that those options don't directly correspond to the ones on the sticky above, so I don't know what to set up where. The sticky states:

Connection Name: 3
    Data Bearer: Packet Data
    Access Point Name: 3ireland.ie
    User name: -
    Prompt Password: No
    Password: -
    Authentication: Normal
    Homepage: http://mobile.3ireland.ie/bb/HutchKey
    Network Type: IPv4
    Phone IP address: Automatic
    DNS address: Automatic
    Proxy server address: None