Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

tv for xbox 360?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Hasnt got component inputs?

You'd prob have to use a vga cable, which I dont think it has a socket for either!

Unless you have an 360 Elite with HDMI cable its not worth it im afraid.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Sorry the one Im going for has component and hdmi.
    Its 400 euros in Argos in Ireland.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5292789.htm
    I just put up the link cos theres no tv link for the Irish argos site.

I'll make sure before I buy it that it has component anyway.

So would it be any good?

I'll be honest, I wouldnt say it be that good but if ya waited a while and bought a 32" LG for about 600 in Harvey Norman, better deals in them type of shops and you can look at the back of the TVs to your hearts consent.....

Id have to go for a 26 inch because a 32 inch would be too big for the bedroom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Wouldn't fancy a dodgy no-namer like that really... Try waiting for a good deal on a samsung or other reputable brand ? You can really get some truly awful LCDs if you're not careful.

• Advertisement

quinnd6 wrote:
    Id have to go for a 26 inch because a 32 inch would be too big for the bedroom.

Thats what I thought initially, I bought a 32" Samsung (my room is a box room)
    and I thought 32" would be too big (it aint a CRT remember) and now im kickin myself I didnt go for 37 or 40"!!!

I just did up my room and im hangin it on the wall....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

i have a 19 inch acoustic solutions hd tv and it does the job grand...nice tv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭coolhandc

won a bit of money playing poker and decided to buy a proper tv,not one that il have to replace in a year,and one that has the best HD.so i got the sony bravia 40kdl2000 for €1650 and it came with a good sony home theatre system. harveys were selling it "on sale" (suprise suprise) for €1799,when i told them about powercity they matched the price.decided to check powercity and in small print i saw the free theatre system so i went with it.its amazing quality.have it set up in my bedroom with the surround sound!havent tried the 1080p yet tho i need to buy the hdmi cable,but i dont know how much of a difference it makes!

I went for the acoustics 26 inch in Argos anyway.

Im using it for xbox 360 only and so far its grand very clear and was playing halo 3 at 720p and looked very nice.

Advertisement