Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rabobank - Which Funds to invest in?

• 25-09-2007 12:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,

New to investing and thought Rabobank Funds would be a good place to start.

There are 30 or so Funds available. Any recommendations of which ones/areas to invest in looking at both 2-5 year and 5-10 year timescale?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Merrill Lynch World Energy worth a punt IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

It might sound obvious, but you should go for the one that will grow the most in percentage terms over your timescale. Over a 10 year timescale, I certainly think China is going to continue to boom. You should also probably put a fairly large percentage in the established European/American markets because they're far less volatile. It depends on your attitude to risk.

I'm not advising against Rabo, but you should also look at other funds such as Quinn Direct's.

IMHO 2 - 5 years may be a bit short for 'investing' but fot the long term it may be prudent to split your portfolio between the different asset classes (equities,property,commodities etc.).

The percentage allocated to each should reflect your attitude to risk and the time involved. Of course, you can always rebalance at a later stage but my own preference is to pick the strategy now, and stick with it.

Advertisement