Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW warning light

Options
  • 25-09-2007 1:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

hi guys,

When I turn the key in the ignition of my 02 golf there is a buzzing noise and I notice a yellow warning light like (0) light up on my dash prior to starting the car. The light then goes off. I have no user manual to tell me what this warning light is. The car is due a service now, so I am thinking it could be related to this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Bald? er, dash!

prem_vw wrote:
    hi guys,

When I turn the key in the ignition of my 02 golf there is a buzzing noise and I notice a yellow warning light like (0) light up on my dash prior to starting the car. The light then goes off. I have no user manual to tell me what this warning light is. The car is due a service now, so I am thinking it could be related to this.
    Sounds like worn brake pads warning light - drive (slowly) to service asap ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 prem_vw

Sounds like worn brake pads warning light - drive (slowly) to service asap ;)

I thought brake pads started to screech before they needed replacement and mine arent at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Linford

Only start to worry when the yellow light turns to a red one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 prem_vw

Linford wrote:
    Only start to worry when the yellow light turns to a red one...

Will this be doing any damage to my car in the meantime? It will be friday when I get the car serviced and I need to drive another 300 miles before then

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

It does sound like the low brake pad warning light. At this point you should arrange to have them replaced. They most likely won't screech - they will grind and at this point you will also need new discs.

@Linford - AFAIK on VW that light will not turn red. Yellow is the first and final warning.

• Advertisement
Advertisement