Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Wicklow test route?

Options
  • 25-09-2007 1:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

Unfortunately I'll have to do my test in Wicklow, as Ballina won't switch it to Deansgrange or somewhere I am actually familiar with. Can anyone tell me the route/s keeping in mind I have never even drove to Wicklow in my car. What are the instructors like?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 rickywog

I have mine there tomorrow morning.
    at 9 am, when all the schools are about too. havent done a pretest which will be funny, and i know for certain that they will bring me by the national school.

good luck to u!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

Thanks Ricky and best of luck tomorrow.

At least if the roads are full of traffic at 9am,, they'll more than likely take you to some estate for the 3 point turn etc, as they can't exactly spend the whole test in traffic. I think the maximum the actual driving can last is 25mins, and 15 mins for car inspection and questions.

I accepted a cancellation and can't get a pretest lesson at such short notice so I guess its a matter of turning up on the day and driving a route I have never drove before. If you can I would greatly appreciate if you tell me the route they take you tomorrow.

Its a bit ridiculous that the only test centre in Wicklow is in Wicklow and not in the Bray/Greystones area considering the population of Bray is approx 33,000 compared to Wicklows 9000.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Wicklow town is a real whore to drive in, cars parked on both sides of the street which is barely wide enough for two cars to begin with.

they will be checking your obsvervation doubley because of this.

get yourself to wicklow and learn some of the streets, don't go into it totally blind it will ensure a guarantee fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,992 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Nephew wrote:
    Unfortunately I'll have to do my test in Wicklow, as Ballina won't switch it to Deansgrange or somewhere I am actually familiar with.
    I'm just curious as to why you applied to do it in Wicklow if you are more familiar with another area? It's hardly the Department's fault! :confused:

I live in Bray but wanted Deansgrange, which isn't available on the website, so I chose Wicklow, the nearest centre to Bray available to choose on their site, and made a request in the comment box for Deansgrange and by phone and letter. At the time of applying I wouldn't have known Dublin roads as well as now so there wasn't much of a difference picking an unknown route in Dublin or Wicklow.

• Advertisement

Yesterday was my first time driving in Wicklow and I passed the test today with a couple of grade 2's. Thank **** I'll never have to step foot in that sh*t hole ever again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Congrats on the pass!!

I'll be doing mine in Wicklow within the next few months.
    Would be great if you could post an idea of the route and any tips etc?

Cheers.

Advertisement