Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

have a problem finding clothes my size!

• 25-09-2007 1:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

hello everyone, :p

ive some problem findin clothes my size. its really a nuisance to be honest. im of asian origin so im quite skinny (size 34 so irish size 6).

does anyone know shops that do that size? thanks for ur help!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

ms selfridge..
    topshop might..
    can't think of anywhere else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I used to be a size 6 when i was a bit younger. I used to by kids stuff. They've really funky styles, they fit properly and they're a lot cheaper! Places like H & M has funky kids stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

watna wrote:
    I used to be a size 6 when i was a bit younger. I used to by kids stuff. They've really funky styles, they fit properly and they're a lot cheaper! Places like H & M has funky kids stuff.

Only if you're short though.

Otherwise zara, topshop and river island do size 6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

Only if you're short though.

Otherwise zara, topshop and river island do size 6.

h&m do dont they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 seeshell

actually i have bought kids clothes in penneys and such. they do fit lenghtwise and everything as im quite short (5ft).

the problem is that although they fit, its not a perfect fit as its made for a teenage body, eg waist or ass at least for jeans and such.

saying that i havent tried H&M. will definelty take a look there as well as the other places mentioned!

while im at it, i have the same problem buying lingerie.. a bit more tricky cos would like to buy some sexy ones..

thanks for the tips!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

h&m do dont they?

Could do, I don't know tbh. I'm not really a fan but I was in there looking for kids clothes at the weekend and a few things caught my eye so I might be back ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭boffin

topshop do from a size 4 upwards and they have a petite range in the topstop in stephens green

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Susipoo

French Connection are apparently great for smaller sizes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭*tOpLaSs

Hmmm Topshop, Bershka, sometimes River Island! Don't know.. Most shops have the odd 6 or 4..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Bershka stocks from a 2 up, the one in Cork anyways, Miss Selfridge too seems to be good from a 6 up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭Esmereldina

Karen Millen, Warehouse and French Connection also do some stuff in a 6. It might be the case that brands make their clothes in a 6 but the shops don't stock as there wouldn't be much demand, but they could order in in for you? I also find Italian brands like Fornarina, Pinko and Miss Sixty tend to have smaller fits so you could try some of them too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Dinxminx

Lara does some gorgeous size 6 but it's all pretty expensive stuff eg Miss Sixty, Rock & Republic, True Religion etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭cas91

River Island and Bershka would be my best bets, Bershka actually do a size 4! Also topshop, even there size 8's would probably fit you!! The sizes in that shop tend to be tiny..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I have the same problem (only I rarely complain because then bigger people give out to me!!). As everyone already said, Topshop, Miss Selfridge, Bershka, etc. Pull and Bear is great, do they still have a shop in Dublin?? (Not in Cork or Galway anymore :() Although the leg lengths are very long.

I have a particular problem finding jeans in a size 6 that look good with flat shoes. Only pair I've ever been happy with are Guess, but I got them in New York. If you could find them in Ireland (BTs maybe???) then you could try them.

As for lingerie, I used to work in the Lingerie Dept of Marks and Spencers and a lot of their ranges come in smaller sizes. (I presume you are smaller??) Only problem is the briefs they sell are a big fit and they start at size 8 so they probably wouldn't suit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭dirtydress

For lingerie you could try debenhams? I was looking around today and saw some small sizes but they were still quite pretty. Unfortunately, on the other end of the scale...the bigger sizes only come in horrible styles :(

Advertisement