Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving Test

Options
  • 25-09-2007 2:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭

So I have my driving test tomorrow. I've been so completely up the walls at work that I haven't had a chance to do a lesson. I had one booked over the weekend but then got called into work so had to cancel!

Really not looking forward to doing the test now as I don't think I have a prayer without a lesson! I'm a confident driver but it's all the small things that I think will fail me. All the bad habits you pick up. Especially not using the handbreak! My dad thought me to drive so I never got the official line on when/where you should use the handbreak. I'm also worried a bit about coasting cuz i've heard of a few friends that have failed cuz of this.

Anyone got any tips?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,393 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Moved to Learning to Drive forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I wouldn't expect to pass if you haven't done a single lesson... Maybe consider it more of a practise for the actual test. You will have picked up many bad habits over time.

Make sure you know the rules of the road and how to find things under the bonnet.

Then you should drive around this evening and concentrate on things, breaking them down and being as cautious as possible. Check mirrors with doing... everything, really. Check blind spots when reversing. Don't do anything silly like forget your seatbelt. Practise "turnarounds" (3 point turns), reversing around corners, etc. Scout the practise centre and pick a route for getting out.

***When you go there tomorrow, make sure you reverse into your parking space before the test. It's one less thing to worry about when you're starting***

Can't think of anything else really... just try and be really cautious (not slow) when doing everything.

Good luck!

Advertisement