Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pharmacy as mature student

Options
  • 25-09-2007 2:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hello,

I am just looking for some advice. I am thinking of studying pharmacy as a mature student, I have wanted to do it for a long time. How demanding is the course (roughly hours per week). Do you think it is possible to do with kids if you have good support?. have you much weekend study and assignments to cover.

Tks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Most colleges welcome mature students with open arms (less hassle, and all that :D). So, what I would suggest is ringing the student services officer in one or two colleges you are considering.

They will be able to give you more general advice about what support the college provides and probably put you in touch with somebody who can tell you more specifics about the actual course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 liamoh

Hello I am a pharmacy student, and it is an extremely demanding course, probably 20 hrs a week, along with lectures assignments, projects, labs, hope you have a good science backround!:)

Advertisement