Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If Play.com ship headphones

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Afraid they don't ship them to Ireland

We currently only send electronics and gadgets to UK addresses and for security reasons we can only send electronics and gadget items to the billing address of your account.

* Electronics and gadget items priced under £25 will be sent by 1st Class mail.
    * Electronics and gadget items priced £25–£75 will be sent by recorded delivery and will require a signature on delivery.
    * Electronics and gadget items priced £75 and above will be sent by special delivery and will require a signature on delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭death1234567

:eek:
    I dont think €46 for a set of headphones can be considered a bargain no matter how good they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

I dont think €46 for a set of headphones can be considered a bargain no matter how good they are.

Have a listen to some good quality headphones and you`ll see the difference to the crap mp3 players ship with. Your ears will thank you :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭Malmedicine

Good thing you don't want these then http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/3438224/Shure-SE530PTH-Sound-Isolating-Earphones/Product.html

449.50 now thats a bit extreme but for a pair of Shure e2c's at 46 euro its a bargain.

Infact I love these things was on the bus this morning sitting downstairs beside the engine with a group of girls from Colaiste Isogains beside me chattering away, stuck these in and silent bliss and away i went on bloc party. Saved me they did!!!

A warning however they are dangerous as hell when crossing roads - can't hear cars, ambulances gardas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Wow, such a useful in-sight.
    They are a little more expensive on amazon but they also don't ship.
    ~€80 on the shure store so its almost half price if you could get them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

That's a bargain on play.com. The Shure IEMs are well worth it,
    I own both E2s and E3s. Two year warranty on them as well.

Have a look at www.amp3.co.uk and contact them asking
    whether they will do a 'price match'. They ship to Ireland
    and I got them to price match Amazon UK earlier this year ;)

Edited to add, looks like amp3.co.uk no longer stock the old Shure range
    of E2s, but they have a great price on the E3gs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

A warning however they are dangerous as hell when crossing roads - can't hear cars, ambulances gardas

You can hear the Luas though. Blew the horn and frightened the sh1t out of me! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Fnz

"I obviously don't know anything about quality headphones but that's not going to stop me from chiming-in with my opinion. I am entitled to it, after all." :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

Unless you get good earphones, you're missing out on a massive bargain because you're only getting half the potential from your music.

Seriously, you should try some good earphones. You'll never look back. Infact, good earphones should be a basic human right.

That's good value for E2c's - tis a bit of a bargain alright.

If you're really on a tight budget though even try and get a pair of Koss plugs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭positron

I got a mate to pick up one of these shure e2c's in Boston some six weeks ago - paid $105 - approx €80.

Once you get the fit right with the correct sleeve, and get used to wearing it over the ear, they are brilliant. They stay in position, blocks out all sounds (except really loud ones, like horns etc) and whatever you are listening to is sounds fresh, crisp!

However, I lost it (happens a lot with me :o ) and I bought a Sennheiser cx300 from play.com (delivered to Jersey, while I was there) for some €25 and :eek: they sound brilliant!! In fact, dare I say, better than the e2c?! And they are tiny - some 12 grams, perfect fit in the ear and brilliant performance! They probably wont last as long as the Shure's, but they are better in all other aspects, imho!

Now Sennheiser has cx400 out, and so cx300 is going even cheaper. Bought another one on eBay yesterday, same day shipping in from London, some €16 - now THAT is a proper bargain!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

positron wrote:
    However, I lost it (happens a lot with me :o ) and I bought a Sennheiser cx300 from play.com (delivered to Jersey, while I was there) for some €25 and :eek: they sound brilliant!! In fact, dare I say, better than the e2c?! And they are tiny - some 12 grams, perfect fit in the ear and brilliant performance! They probably wont last as long as the Shure's, but they are better in all other aspects, imho!

Now Sennheiser has cx400 out, and so cx300 is going even cheaper. Bought another one on eBay yesterday, same day shipping in from London, some €16 - now THAT is a proper bargain!! :D

I have a set of cx300s, and they are by far the best set of earphones i have ever owned. They block out so much noise, and once you get used to them they are so comfortable, and the quality of sound is great. Plus they are not as expensive as the likes of the shures...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

CX300s in various colours available for c.€33 delivered from 7dayshop.com

I have these and they are great. Just don't eat while using them, especially anything crunchy..... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

positron wrote:

Be careful of fakes on ebay though, I got a pair of cx300's recently and they sound like ****e... there's absolutely no bass to them at all, even at full volume. I've had 4 pairs of Sennheiser headphones before these, and these are definitely not legit:(

/edit
    could someone that still has the box for a legit pair of cx300s check something on the back of it for me?
    towards the bottom, underneath the Sennheiser logo, is the word "electronic" spelt "dlectronic"
    Might try to get a refund for these and buy another pair from somewhere else...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

On the contrary, anything under that is not a bargain, it is a false economy. I listen to probably 80% of my music via mp3 player. Once you listen through decent earphones you will never want to go back. I had mine loaned out and went back to my old ones- ones I always thought were great- and they are crap!

€46 shure e2c will give you sound that you would expect from high end speakers costing €500+, if not far more. People think nothing of buying €100 speakers, yet will not fork out for earphones, just because they are small or something, yet value other electronic quality items which are small very highly, e.g. phones, pcs, mp3 players.

tman wrote:
    Be careful of fakes on ebay though, I got a pair of cx300's recently and they sound like ****e...

I read about dupes alright, I hope the one I ordered is real, will know soon, I have a real one to compare against.

I was told some of dupes have a straight jacks, where as the originals have L shaped jack?

This is what I bought on eBay - still a few left - Item number 200155142941

READ POST #22 before you order this - these earphones could be fake / copy

positron wrote:
    I read about dupes alright, I hope the one I ordered is real, will know soon, I have a real one to compare against.

I was told some of dupes have a straight jacks, where as the originals have L shaped jack?
    Nah, these have an L shaped jack as well.

Most guys selling fakes will stick up a photo of the proper ones and send you fakes. There are fakes of the newer shures too. I think the others are being phased out so you might pick up bargains from other sellers who will ship here.

positron wrote:
    I've had a quick look through that and they seem to be pretty damn good fakes, without actually taking them apart there's no way for me to be certain about it (other than the typo on the packaging... would be cool if someone could confirm this for me...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

positron wrote:

This is what I bought on eBay - still a few left - Item number 200155142941

I've bought the same earphones. Waiting on them. I have'nt be burned yet on an Ebay purchase with a few thousand spent over the past few years.

Fingers Crossed.

• Advertisement

Just read thru his feedback and a few comments says they are fakes! Someone said good fakes, but fakes none the less! :(

If anyone was thinking of buying, wait another day or two - I will post details once I get mine!

crapola. Ah sure I bought them because the ones I have are pooh and soar.
    For €13 delivered these will do for the short term anywho.

Probably not all lost wisesmurf, a few comments said 'quick refund' - less £2.99 shipping may be, but I will return it the moment I feel its fake!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 264 ✭✭pajoemccracken

How do Shure EC2 compare to Ultimate Ears??
    www.ultimateears.com
    I've heard they are much better.
    Anbody compared them?
    Pajoe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭spideog7

Are those Seinnheisers, sound isolating ??
    I want to get new ones but I don't want to buy ones that are too expensive or ones that are too cheap I want to get good ones for a bargain :p
    The only issue I would have with the in-ear headphones is that they
    A) Wouldn't be comfortable (I find the standard creative phones very uncomfortable - I know they aren't in-ear as such)
    B) Difficult to take in and out
    C) Get really dirty ?

I've seen legit E2's for a little under E60 on ebay. That's the best I could find.

spideog7 wrote:
    Are those Seinnheisers, sound isolating ??

CX300s are. They come with three soft rubber sleeves. And they work really well too.

(Shure on the other hand comes with three hard silicon sleeves, three soft rubber sleeves and three orange form sleeves, a case to store the earphones, bells, whistles, makes coffee etc)

tman wrote:
    could someone that still has the box for a legit pair of cx300s check something on the back of it for me?
    towards the bottom, underneath the Sennheiser logo, is the word "electronic" spelt "dlectronic"
    Might try to get a refund for these and buy another pair from somewhere else...

'dlectronic' ?...LOL - I just checked my packaging and definitely says 'electronic'

FAKE!! :rolleyes:

When I bought CX300 from play.com last month, it took me a while to rip open the plastic hard case - because was really thick and solid plastic! These eBay versions is skimpy pastic shell stuck to a thick paper back.

From play.com, it looked like this:

http://upload.cizgi.com.tr/cemre/makale/sennheiser/sen2.jpg

The one I got from eBay today looks exactly like the one in this picture:

http://www.odisai.com/bookpic/20076314412372706.jpg

And once I opened the pack, the difference are:

* Back of the ear piece (dom?) - Original is shiny where as fake has matte finish.
    * The silver/aluminum ring on each ear piece - Original is matte and smooth where as fake has a shiny and uneven.
    * The sleeve on the cable - Original has matte finish rubber sleeve, where as fake has shiny, slightly rigid sleeve
    * Length - Fake ones R side is a few inches longer than the original.

Important bit - how it sounds - probably not the most scientific to test earphones - but at work, with same background noise, tried a few different music clips with the same source (winamp, laptop), I have to say I couldn't notice any difference at all. Phew!! :D May be the fake one had a touch more 'ambiance' / 'space', but that could be just my imagination!

I guess I will keep this for a few days and see how it goes, before I comment on the eBay seller! ;)

How do Shure EC2 compare to Ultimate Ears??
    www.ultimateears.com
    I've heard they are much better.
    Anbody compared them?
    Pajoe

check out www.head-fi.org for indepth comparisons/reviews

• Advertisement

Well my ebay seller agreed to a refund without any fuss, and is letting me keep the headphones as a goodwill gesture. I guess he's expecting me to leave pos feedback for that... the fool is in for a surprise!:p
    I'll be ordering them off 7dayshop, as I've used them a few times before and have been very happy with their service.

positron wrote:
    FAKE!! :rolleyes:

When I bought CX300 from play.com last month, it took me a while to rip open the plastic hard case - because was really thick and solid plastic! These eBay versions is skimpy pastic shell stuck to a thick paper back.

From play.com, it looked like this:

http://upload.cizgi.com.tr/cemre/makale/sennheiser/sen2.jpg

The one I got from eBay today looks exactly like the one in this picture:

http://www.odisai.com/bookpic/20076314412372706.jpg

And once I opened the pack, the difference are:

* Back of the ear piece (dom?) - Original is shiny where as fake has matte finish.
    * The silver/aluminum ring on each ear piece - Original is matte and smooth where as fake has a shiny and uneven.
    * The sleeve on the cable - Original has matte finish rubber sleeve, where as fake has shiny, slightly rigid sleeve
    * Length - Fake ones R side is a few inches longer than the original.

Important bit - how it sounds - probably not the most scientific to test earphones - but at work, with same background noise, tried a few different music clips with the same source (winamp, laptop), I have to say I couldn't notice any difference at all. Phew!! :D May be the fake one had a touch more 'ambiance' / 'space', but that could be just my imagination!

I guess I will keep this for a few days and see how it goes, before I comment on the eBay seller! ;)

Got mine today. They cost €13, I was kinda hoping that they would be real but was expecting them to be fake which they were. I compared them to my brothers real ones and they look a tad different but not a huge amount.

To my untrained ears they sound alot better than the standard creative ones and not different at all to the originals. I'm happy with them. I might send the seller a mail with the view to keeping them and getting a refund, actually I couldnt be assed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭shnaek

Went in to HMV to buy the CX300s at the weekend. €57!! So I ordered them from 7dayshop. How can HMV be so much more expensive?!

shnaek wrote:
    Went in to HMV to buy the CX300s at the weekend. €57!! So I ordered them from 7dayshop. How can HMV be so much more expensive?!

It's more a case of 7dayshop being cheap, as €60-ish is/was the RRP here.

I got mine for €35 in 3G shop, which was a bargain at the time. Currys/Dixons were €55-60 IIRC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

shnaek wrote:

Ditto. About £22 stg including delivery. Just ordered a pair myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Any of you try mymemory.co.uk? they have them Shure E2c delivered to ireland for £34.

They do a vairety different headphones. I got a set of Sennheiser of em.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭estariol

yeah, I got my cx300s from mymemory excellent, found they sound better than sony 71's....haven't tried ec2's but heard the cx's were there equal and much better value!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Hi Folks,

I ordered the Shure E2c headphones from Play after reading this post and they arrived today. Currently listening to music as i write this post and the house could even be being robbed as I cant hear anything else.

Excellent headphones. Thanks Malmedicine.

Bazual

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭shnaek

Does anyone know will the cx300s from 7dayshop fit through the letter box or will I have to be there to sign for them?
    Cheers!

Advertisement