Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

another licence

Options
  • 25-09-2007 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

hi lads
    i already have a 22 rifle and have been offered a shotgun and was wondering when im getting a licence will i have to get the landowners permission all over again ??? or will the gards just sign it ?:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

No. Permissions are kept on file, so they don't need them again. It's always useful to have copies of your permissions in case the originals are lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭the hunter

thanks rrpc
    i thought about keeping a copy of the permission but it was to late i had already handed them in ... :confused:

will i be waiting a few weeks for the licence or will he put it on my other licence ??? and would it be ok to have the gun while waiting for the licence ~(its private sale)

the hunter wrote:
    will i be waiting a few weeks for the licence or will he put it on my other licence ??? and would it be ok to have the gun while waiting for the licence ~(its private sale)

Each firearm has a separate licence, so you have to wait for the new one. In any case shotgun and rifle licences have different fees, so you can't mix and match.

You cannot have the firearm until a licence has issued. Sometimes the Gardai can give you a cover note to act as licence until the properly issued one comes through.

But you'll have to ask at your local station for that.

yeah i wasnt planning on useing it till the licence came through .. just incase im stopped bringing it home ...

• Advertisement

the hunter wrote:
    yeah i wasnt planning on useing it till the licence came through .. just incase im stopped bringing it home ...

Well I wouldn't bring it home until I had at least a cover note. Buying off an individual is no different from buying off a dealer, you have to have a licence for it before you can take possession.

After all you could be refused the licence. :mad:

Advertisement