Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL broadband Prices what does "Monthly Post Offer Mean"?

Options
  • 25-09-2007 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

What's the difference in these 2?

Monthly offer price € 9.99 € 14.99 € 19.99 € 29.99
    Monthly post offer price € 19.99 € 24.99 € 29.99 € 39.99

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

If you are a new NTL customer then you get a reduced rate for the first 3 months and existing customers get the reduced rate for 6 months.

The "Monthly post offer price" is the normal monthly cost after the reduced introduction price.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Same with TV. Digital TV for 9.99 sounds good, but after the "offer period" it is more like €26, making Sky look attractive.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭learnerplates

Grand.
    Yes 20euro per month for the digital and another 20euro+ for analogue of digital TV is alot. Might be better off with the mobile broadband or something like it.

Anyone used Clearwire or any of those for broadband?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Grand.
    Yes 20euro per month for the digital and another 20euro+ for analogue of digital TV is alot. Might be better off with the mobile broadband or something like it.

Anyone used Clearwire or any of those for broadband?

Please use the search facility.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Grand.

Digital TV isn't €20, plus another €20 for analogue. It is actually a total of €30.99 for the highest digital tv package and it includes analogue.

It is actually quiet a good deal compared to sky if you are also getting BB and phone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

watty wrote:
    Same with TV. Digital TV for 9.99 sounds good, but after the "offer period" it is more like €26, making Sky look attractive.

The €26 includes the analogue - which makes the digital €5 per month.......according to UPC.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

These offer prices which are effectively advertised as the normal price i.e "Digital tv for just 9.99 a month" and then you have to go to the small print should be stamped out. It is actually a recent enough problem - until recently it was more common to see the likes of "digital tv - 20.99 a month - get first 3 months for only 9.99 a month".

NTL's current flyer in my door states that you get a "FREE digital cordless phone" - but the small print confirms that after the 3 month intro the phone will cost €4 a month.

Last month their flyer told me I could save €150 compared to SKY as the NTL digital Video recorder was "FREE" - turns out after the intro offer again they were charging a monthly fee for it.

False Advertising. End of.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭learnerplates

Apologies my post earlier was slightly inaccurate, I meant to say 20+ for TV and another 20+ for BB, it's up around 50per month in reality for both, that's alot of money.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

These offer prices which are effectively advertised as the normal price i.e "Digital tv for just 9.99 a month" and then you have to go to the small print should be stamped out. It is actually a recent enough problem - until recently it was more common to see the likes of "digital tv - 20.99 a month - get first 3 months for only 9.99 a month".

NTL's current flyer in my door states that you get a "FREE digital cordless phone" - but the small print confirms that after the 3 month intro the phone will cost €4 a month.

Last month their flyer told me I could save €150 compared to SKY as the NTL digital Video recorder was "FREE" - turns out after the intro offer again they were charging a monthly fee for it.

False Advertising. End of.

I agree with you totally on this one - I think UPC are sailing very close to the wind on this one to put it charitably. For example their services are listed here: http://www.ntl.ie/deals/newcustomer/

Now if you click on any of the balloons it takes you to a sign up page where the price quoted is the offer price no mention of the post offer price now surely that is deliberately misleading people?

https://www.ntl.ie/order/

Your order

Starter Pack
    Monthly costs: € 23.99
    Once off cost: € 0.00

Now it probably changes further on in the process I didnt go any further in case I found myself with a starter pack but they are certainly not being upfront with people.

Advertisement