Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HD options

Options
  • 25-09-2007 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭

I want to get another hard drive but I was just wondering what is every ones preference in HD's?

I've got two internal HDs (room for five) one WD Mybook external essential edition, ie usb, thing is I'm running out of power sockets fast !:D

So would you go internal, external usb, or external firewire? (can't go external sata2)

Just curious :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Go internal, takes up less room

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Yea I bought an external one and thought a internal one would have been handier but you cant move it between computers so seeming as you already have some externals id go internal as anti says.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

go internal as its faster :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Internal would be cheaper too not by much but Eddie Hobbs would still be proud.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭nibble

HD's aren't that light the weight can add up if you've got a good few of them, can be a bit of a pain if you go to lans or move your PC a lot. If you don't mind that then internal for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

Anti wrote:
    Go internal, takes up less room

lolz

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

nibble wrote:
    HD's aren't that light the weight can add up if you've got a good few of them, can be a bit of a pain if you go to lans or move your PC a lot. If you don't mind that then internal for sure.

Thats a very good point my pc weighs a fcuking ton I swear after I installed new PSU and another 8800 it got so much heavier

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

dazftw wrote:
    Thats a very good point my pc weighs a fcuking ton I swear after I installed new PSU and another 8800 it got so much heavier

get a gym membership then :p

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭bretttp1

Internal it is then, and I won't need to get those weights from Argos either, double bonus! :D

Advertisement