Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft Access Question

Options
  • 25-09-2007 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I don't really post in the computer sections much as my computer knowledge is limited at best. However I have decided to attempt to create a programme using access and have done a little reaseach on it and it appears that access will be able to provide me with the functions I want, but I can't seem to get a definite answer as to whether access is capable of performing all the functions I want it to.

I was hoping that if I write a brief summary of exactly what I want the programme to do, someone might be able to give me a definitive answer as to whether its possible or not. If it is I will muck around for a few weeks with the programme until I figure it out (I have also bought Access- Inside out), and if its not I will have saved myself some wasted time.

Basically the programme needs to take data from an excell spread sheet and save it. (This would be customer contact details etc). Then people would need to able to manually add data to that customer data (eg an order that the customer wanted to place).

There would need to be a search function that would trawel through the data and pick out every customer who has ordered product X, and create a list of them, and also mark it that each customer displayed has now received product X so that that customer does not appear in a months time when the next search of outstand customers for product X is performed.

Finally the programme would need to display contact details (address for postage) for customers in a printable form.

I think from reading about Access that this is pretty much exactly what it is designed for but I just wanted to make sure before I spent time attempting it. Any ideas???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

access will do that for you. you might want to read some stuff on data normalisation.

beaware once you go above 5 users Access may suffer performance issues.

post back here if you have questions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

brilliant, thanks

Advertisement