Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anal sex and erm.. poo

Options
  • 25-09-2007 4:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭

This isn't really a gay issue, moreso an anal sex in general thing, but I was just reading a forum and there was a thread about gay marriage, and somebody mentioned how gay men in their 40s need to wear diapers.

I realise that is probably BS, but do any gay men here have... poo issues? Like not actually to the point where you need to decide between Pampers and Huggies, but do you find that.. stuff comes out easier?

I'm trying to be as inoffensive as possible but I probs failed miserably so sorry. :o But what are the long terms effects of anal sex?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

long term effect, none if you do it right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭qwertyphobia

compleat urban myth

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i heard from someone that they weren't able to go for a day or two after their first time..

Ithink I stopped asking 'how it went' after that

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Mordeth wrote:
    i heard from someone that they weren't able to go for a day or two after their first time..

Ithink I stopped asking 'how it went' after that
    That was probably me, colon was so swollen raw hiiiide!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I think it was :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Oh my.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

ryanairzer wrote:
    But what are the long terms effects of anal sex?

There are no long term effects from penetration , unless you are using some thing over sized and or leaving something up there for long periods of time :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Completely off topic but whats with the way when you hover over the link on the home page it displays the full thread title but it is starred out normally. Odd. Back on topic...ewe

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

ryanairzer wrote:
    but I was just reading a forum and there was a thread about gay marriage, and somebody mentioned how gay men in their 40s need to wear diapers.
    I saw this on the front page a while ago.
    In school, during sex-ed, we were told all about the men who have to wear diapers. It was kinda gross.
    That is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

To evaluate the structure and function of the internal (IAS) and external (EAS) anal sphincters in anoreceptive homosexual men and to determine whether anoreceptive intercourse (ARI) is associated with a higher risk of incontinence in this population.

Methods: We studied 14 anoreceptive homosexual males and 10 age-matched non-anoreceptive heterosexual males in a controlled, prospective cohort study. Subjects underwent evaluation of resting and maximum squeeze anal canal pressures (maximum squeeze pressure obtained over resting pressure) by station pull-through technique, using a manometric perfusion catheter followed by endoanal ultrasonography to evaluate the structure of the IAS and EAS. Manometry also was performed in age-matched male controls. All subjects completed a questionnaire that assessed sexual practices and bowel habits, including fecal incontinence. Results: Resting pressures were significantly lower in subjects engaging in ARI (70.7 ± 3.2 mm Hg vs. 91.4 ± 5.2 mm Hg; mean ± SEM, p < 0.003), whereas there was no significant difference in the mean maximum squeeze pressures, compared with controls (177.1 ± 14.1 mm Hg vs. 151.8 ± 19.6 mm Hg; mean ± SEM, p = 0.32). No disruptions of the IAS or EAS were identified in either the anoreceptive or control group. Anoreceptive men tended to have thinner anal sphincters than controls, but the difference was not statistically significant. Furthermore, there were no complaints of fecal incontinence by the study subjects.

Conclusions: Passive ARI is associated with decreased resting anal canal pressures, but total pressures are normal. There were no IAS or EAS defects, as well as no fecal incontinence, in our subjects. Better relaxation of the ARI subjects during anal canal manometry may explain the lower resting pressures.

The American journal of gastroenterology (Am. j. gastroenterol.) ISSN 0002-9270

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Well.. thank God for that!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 charlietangodel

Well that well and truly Tackles the 'Man Ass Tampon Myth'

but imagine having to present that research to get your phD!!:eek:.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

er---- surely its all in the preperation... if you do plan on having anal sex- hetro or homo... theres a simple process called douching that washes the rectum and clears out excess waste. very simple process and most welcome if you have wants to f*** someone without the fear of "browning"

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

coltcrop wrote: »
    er---- surely its all in the preperation... if you do plan on having anal sex- hetro or homo... theres a simple process called douching that washes the rectum and clears out excess waste. very simple process and most welcome if you have wants to f*** someone without the fear of "browning"
    why are you dragging up a 3 year old topic?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 68,705 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Johnnymcg wrote: »
    why are you dragging up a 3 year old topic?

And not even on-topic at that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Could a mod change the thread title, I'm eating here! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Locking this, really no point in resurrecting a 3 year old thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement