Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wifi Hotspots in Maynooth?

• 25-09-2007 4:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭

I am going to be in NUI, Maynooth knocking around for a day while my girlfriend attends an Open Day, can someone please tell me if I bring my laptop is there open Wifi Hotspots I can connect to? Is there anywhere that would let me connect to a network at all?
    Any advice on this or suggestions on what to do with myself for 7 hours would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

Here's an idea: Why not just stay at home? Your not chained to her you know.

On another note i'l ask my NUIM friend as regards WiFi. I know here in UCD you can't just connect unfortunatley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Do what everyone does with time to kill - head to the bar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

as far as i know you have to be living on campus and get a code but i could be wrong on that. as Holsten said, the bar is the only way to go if you've got time to burn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I haven't used the Wifi in ages, but I'm pretty sure you need to log on with a student ID. So you're out of luck I believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

There are guest accounts but I don't know how you qualify for them or go about getting them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

karmabass wrote:
    Here's an idea: Why not just stay at home? Your not chained to her you know.
    I know! Being supportive instead you see.
    karmabass wrote:
    On another note i'l ask my NUIM friend as regards WiFi. I know here in UCD you can't just connect unfortunately.
    Cheers I'd appreciate it.

From what others have posted it does look bleak, given that I will be driving back hitting the bar is not an option, is there any internet cafes in Maynooth itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭ringleader

any internet cafes in Maynooth itself?

Yup.
    There's one next door to the Garda station (although that might just be a call centre), and another in the Glenroyal Shopping Centre.

On campus there are public access computers, and loads of the time someone will have left themselves logged in so you could have a look around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

ringleader wrote:
    Yup.
    There's one next door to the Garda station (although that might just be a call centre), and another in the Glenroyal Shopping Centre.

On campus there are public access computers, and loads of the time someone will have left themselves logged in so you could have a look around.

The one in the Glenroyal SC is gone now. And the one near the Garda Station is dodgy.....Mark why don't you head in to Dublin for a few hours?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Or drop into random lectures. The smaller the class size the better :)

It sounds like I will have to head into Dublin alright, though I wash oping to be able to relax, any cinemas in Maynooth worthy of a visit or should I just bite the bullet and head in?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

It sounds like I will have to head into Dublin alright, though I wash oping to be able to relax, any cinemas in Maynooth worthy of a visit or should I just bite the bullet and head in?

Liffey Valley is only in the road about 15 minutes, lovely cinema there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Clare Bear wrote:
    The one in the Glenroyal SC is gone now. And the one near the Garda Station is dodgy.....

There's one in the inkjet place opposite manor mills

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

He's in our college, stealing our interwebz ¬_¬

lol @ Rozabeez :)

Sorry for harping on in this topic!

Anyone know if the NUIM Self Defence club will let me train with them they have a slot 2pm to 4pm on Saturday which would work great!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Anyone know if the NUIM Self Defence club will let me train with them they have a slot 2pm to 4pm on Saturday which would work great!

Due to college only just starting back they may not be training but they are a very active club and i don't think they'd object. I'll try and find a contact for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Maynooth

mp3guy wrote:
    There's one in the inkjet place opposite manor mills

Inkjet place??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Place where you get inkjet cartridges refilled. In between the furniture place and the garage

So the Glenroyal hotel were good enough to let me use their wireless connections. Sat in the bar with my laptop being the uber geek but it was handy as could be!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

So the Glenroyal hotel were good enough to let me use their wireless connections. Sat in the bar with my laptop being the uber geek but it was handy as could be!

Ah crap I forgot about the Glenroyal! Happy days so Mark :)

Advertisement