Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short drop outs - annoying !!!!!!!!!!!! CHORUS (read: Crapus)

Options
  • 25-09-2007 4:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I have such a problem: i have those small drop outs every few minutes. It's just a milisecond break in the connection and it is back on straight away. Cant play any online games, download any file using windows downloader or files that don't support resume. Winamp's streams stop every few minutes as well. I though that it is wireless router fault but i connected xbox360 using a cable to the router and got the same story. I'm using auto dns from chorus, tried free dnses and it didn;t help.
    It is so annoying. It was ok for a few weeks and it started again. Anyone help cause i think them chorus people won't help me because they don't know what 's going on at all in their company. and i'm tired calling them and ask them for support.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

pkarpiozo wrote:
    I have such a problem: i have those small drop outs every few minutes. It's just a milisecond break in the connection and it is back on straight away. Cant play any online games, download any file using windows downloader or files that don't support resume. Winamp's streams stop every few minutes as well. I though that it is wireless router fault but i connected xbox360 using a cable to the router and got the same story. I'm using auto dns from chorus, tried free dnses and it didn;t help.
    It is so annoying. It was ok for a few weeks and it started again. Anyone help cause i think them chorus people won't help me because they don't know what 's going on at all in their company. and i'm tired calling them and ask them for support.

Nothing you can do. The Chorus [and NTL] networks are in rag order at the moment whie they try upgrade them to UPC standards. If you ring support, they will ask you to check your firewall or anti virus. If you get through to somebody who knows what they are talking about and is allowed to discuss it, you will be told the above.

Nothing you can do other than put up with it or cancel your contract. You should have grounds to end your contract early as Chorus are not able to provide you witha stable service, but check it out first.

By the way, where are you based? I'm in Naas and dumped Chorus a while ago. It was a disaster. Although their TV Service is just a little bit better than NTL's. That's not saying much, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 pkarpiozo

IrishTLR wrote:
    Nothing you can do. The Chorus [and NTL] networks are in rag order at the moment whie they try upgrade them to UPC standards. If you ring support, they will ask you to check your firewall or anti virus. If you get through to somebody who knows what they are talking about and is allowed to discuss it, you will be told the above.

Nothing you can do other than put up with it or cancel your contract. You should have grounds to end your contract early as Chorus are not able to provide you witha stable service, but check it out first.

By the way, where are you based? I'm in Naas and dumped Chorus a while ago. It was a disaster. Although their TV Service is just a little bit better than NTL's. That's not saying much, though.

Exactly in Naas - IT IS SO CRAP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    What r u having now? Any recommendations?

Advertisement