Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Demo Released

Options
  • 25-09-2007 4:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭

Is this correct? Can't see any mention of it on the Konami site.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

1GB. Ouch!

I'll grab it in work tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Thank **** this is true. Can't wait to play this when I get home tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I am very very excited :) Downloading at 3 meg a second on LSE's fancy line :) Taking out the PES pad too :) Haven't been this excited about a game in years :P

Plays different to Pro Evo 6. Anyone know the minimum spec of this. My pc runs slowly at times when playing it. And it uses the XBOX controller layout :mad:.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

ooh

*me downloads*

Mossy Monk wrote:
    Plays different to Pro Evo 6. Anyone know the minimum spec of this. My pc runs slowly at times when playing it. And it uses the XBOX controller layout :mad:.
    Mossy, could only find the recommended spec, below, on pesgaming.com:
    Konami have posted the recommended specification for running Pro Evolution Soccer 2008. Please bear in mind that these are NOT the minimum specs.

Windows XP
    Pentium 4 3.0GHz /AMD Athlon 64 or better
    1GB RAM
    6.5GB free memory
    8x DVD-ROM drive
    DirectX 9.0c video card

256MB Pixel Shader 3.0 (ATI x1600 / NVidia 6800 GT/GS or better)
    DirectX 9.0c Soundcard
    DirectX 9.0c or higher
    Windows USB Gamepad
    1280 x 720 resolution

Supported Chipsets:

NVIDIA - GeForce 6600, 6800, 7300, 7600, 7800, 7900, GeForce FX (5950, 5900, 5800, 5600, 5200), GeForce4 Ti, GeForce3
    ATI - Radeon x1600, x1800, x1900, x800, 9800, 9700, 9600, 9500, 9200, 9000, 8500
    And here's last years:
    RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:

Windows 2000/XP

Intel Pentium IV 1.4GHz processor

512 MB RAM

DVD-ROM Drive

NVIDIA GeForce 4 Ti, ATI Radeon 9600, or higher

DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card

DirectX 9.0c or higher (included on Disc 1)

*Network(TCP/IP 1.5Mbps or higher)

4.7GB free hard disk space

SUPPORTED CHIPSETS:

NVIDIA - GeForce 6800, GeForce FX (5950, 5900, 5800, 5600, 5200), GeForce4 Ti, GeForce3

ATI - Radeon x800, 9800, 9700, 9600, 9500, 9200, 9000, 8500
    RAM doubled from last year :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Its the 360 version in 1024x768

Kitserver be out later for the demo to get HD resolutions :)

Game feels faster that the 360 and i get slowdown in the replays, didnt get any in bioshock in 1920x1080 but do in this :confused:

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

im on vista, with a gb of ram and im downloading now

ive got the usb adapter to use my ps2 controller

i'll report back how i get on, how the game reacts to being on vista, graphics, slowdowns etc etc, i'll try get a full report

Sadly my pc will only play it on the medium setting. When I try to select the high setting it tells me the "The settings cannot be reflected due to the video card's specifications". Perhaps an upgrade is on the cards.

Resolution wise it will play in 1280 x 786 but only if I play it in a window rather than full screen. This I am sure is due to the tv that my pc is connected to.

What does "Wait for Vsync" and "Use frame skipping" do?

• Advertisement

Mossy Monk wrote:
    Sadly my pc will only play it on the medium setting. When I try to select the high setting it tells me the "The settings cannot be reflected due to the video card's specifications". Perhaps an upgrade is on the cards.

Resolution wise it will play in 1280 x 786 but only if I play it in a window rather than full screen. This I am sure is due to the tv that my pc is connected to.

What spec PC you got Mossy? I hope my heap of junk takes it!

So, whats the feedback so far? I'm around a half hour away from completing the download. I'm gonna give it time, because I remember hating PES5 at first, but grew to love it. I just have PES6 fully patched with all HD kits, and it's gonna have to take something special to drag me off it!

whiskeyman wrote:
    What spec PC you got Mossy? I hope my heap of junk takes it!

So, whats the feedback so far? I'm around a half hour away from completing the download. I'm gonna give it time, because I remember hating PES5 at first, but grew to love it. I just have PES6 fully patched with all HD kits, and it's gonna have to take something special to drag me off it!

10 games and you will love it but hate that its only single player, its very easy but i reckon multiplayerr or maybe another star may make it last longer.

Also dont think teamvision is working as my players are retarded.

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:
    Also dont think teamvision is working as my players are retarded.
    On 5 star, Kdjac ? Or does difficulty level affect your own AI players?

SofaKing wrote:
    On 5 star, Kdjac ? Or does difficulty level affect your own AI players?

They do run off on their own just sometimes off the pitch or away fromg oal as im crossing :confused:

kdjac

Perhaps Teamvision is taking your oft-misplaced crosses into account and adjusting your teamates' runs accordingly ;)

...Nahh, im sure it's just one of those demo things that will be ironed out (hopefully).

SofaKing wrote:
    Perhaps Teamvision is taking your oft-misplaced crosses into account and adjusting your teamates' runs accordingly ;)

The new cross is sublimity at its finest :p you can dink the ball anywhere no more diagonal trajectories only.

kdjac

still downloading... wots shooting like? I really love a good thundering shot in PES6. Still good shooting in 2008?

whiskeyman wrote:
    still downloading... wots shooting like? I really love a good thundering shot in PES6. Still good shooting in 2008?

After 10 games yes you will learn to not hit the goalie in the face with the ball :D

harder to score but it gets easier .

kdjac

So, after playing the demo... whats peoples first impressions?
    What's your top delights?
    What's your top initials negative thoughts / dislikes?

Ok - just after my first game.
    First impressions:
    Whoa... that ball looks and feels smaller or something?
    Am liking the new graphics... player realism is damn tasty!!
    Nice and fluid feel to it.. moreso than PES6.
    Diving... got Ronaldo sent off for diving when no-one around him! haw haw!! not sure about using it. Doubt I will... I wonder if the CPU player will?

Overall... once fully patched, this is going to be very sweet indeed! :D

Hokay, ive just tried it. So, first impressions eh.

First the technical stuff...
    Mossy Monk wrote:

Could it be the resolution, Mossy? I had issues too.

Currently im playing it on a laptop (Duo Core, 2GB RAM, crappy 128MB video card). It automatically put me on high settings + 1280 / 720 resolution.

And it was slow, verrrry slow :(

So unfortunately ive had to dial the resolution back down 720 / 480 (yup, 480!) + medium quality settings, and everything is grand. Running very smoothly. (Oh well, should prob buy a proper computer :))

Now the actual game (all imo of course)...
    • Long range shooting appears easier now to keep from ballooning over the bar, although that doesn't mean to say it's easier to score - you'll still need that extra bit of class to find those corners (good thing). R2 placed shot still working sweetly as always. Haven't had a change to do much lon range shooting as im not yet skilled enough to work the space needed in the centre.
    • Passing is hard, as always when beginning a new PES, even the short stuff requires focus :)
    • Lofted thru ball appears to have been made easier, anyone agree?.....not 100% about this - needs more playtime to be sure.
    • The Tackling, ooooohh, I like this. The animations, the vocal effects and even the grunting are very nice with the tackles, the bodychecks and even competing in the air. Really feels like 2 bodies are competing for the ball and space! Great stuff.
    • Dribbling for me, like the passing above, will take a little while get used to (again as before with previous PES'). But early signs are good. Did some weird stuff already, which I can't for the life me tell how i pulled it off :)
    • Free kicks appear easier (admittedly I used Ronaldinho), probably not a good thing. Agree / disagree?
    • The ability to pick 3 players to attack the 6yrd box during set-pieces - a loooong overdue addition.
    • Player models look great (as expected).
    • Some of the squad lists appear to be partial WC2006 ones (e.g. Makelele / Thuram on the France team) - fingers crossed these aren't the finished teams.

In conclusion, it looks like the biggest leap may have been in the visuals and sounds, some physics. Shooting / free kicks don't appear like they're gonna be too hard to master - maybe even easier! Passing / dribbling, for me, are different enough from last year that it'll take a good while to master. Tackling too looks like it has been overhauled somewhat.

As mentioned by previous posters, multiplayer is where this game is gonna excel. So let's hope Konami do a massive overhaul of their online system.
    whiskeyman wrote:
    Overall... once fully patched, this is going to be very sweet indeed! :D
    Oh, yes indeed! :D

• Advertisement

Play a few games the passing becomes naturual its not hit to the dot the on the radar its hit to the player you can see, as im a fan of the full back to fullback 50 yard switch try that.

Also try out the little dink of the lob button.

R1 L1 and L2 = Dive

r1 and L1 with good players = the secks try it C Ronaldo when face on with a player ;) Actually hard to do but you will instantly realise the uses of it with any player.

the MP is the be all and end all i can rape brazil on top player with Turkey but can i get by a human with the skills that "just happen".

Sofaking hits on the feel of player on player (in a not gay way) that could be the thing with 2 player, i dont see anything to suggest Viera beats Emre when jumping together.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

AARGHH.. just noticed this, in work till 3pm and now dying to go play..

not looking forward to seeing how badly it runs on my p4 2.4, 512 ram and 128 video card.. although that runs PES 6 perfectly, from reading the above it sounds like it will struggle big time... :(

There's a demo time expander over on evo-web now.
    Some of the face textures are incredibly realistic... and damn big!
    It appears you can edit individual players skin textures (tattoos / scars?) as well as their teeth!

Oh, and I'm really looking forward to the new commentary! Anyone else?

Ya new commentary should be good..

i patched my pes 6 with fifa commentary which is better than trev and brackley, although andy gray does grate after a while..

Roar wrote:
    AARGHH.. just noticed this, in work till 3pm and now dying to go play..

not looking forward to seeing how badly it runs on my p4 2.4, 512 ram and 128 video card.. although that runs PES 6 perfectly, from reading the above it sounds like it will struggle big time... :(
    I expect it'll work out for you, Roar. You just about meet the mem requirements, so i guess you'll be able to play on low quality settings + low resolution (ala myself) at the very least.

And then hopefully Kitserver can jazz up the full version for you :)

cheers sofa king.. been meaning to update the pc for a while, this is the excuse i need

*edit

speaking of which, what recs would people have re:new hardware? more ram is a must anyway, but i have an asus 9600xt graphics card which i got a few years ago for half life 2.. what decent graphics cards could i get for about 200€ that would be an improvement on that and allow me to run pro evo 2008 and somewhere near a decent resolution??

Demo wont install for me, keeps coming up "DLL Load Error" and the install aborts.. i thought it might have been somehting to do with direct x so i updated that, still no joy.. anyone have any idea what the cause of that is?

i downloaded it from another mirror so i'll try that when i get home..

SofaKing wrote:
    Could it be the resolution, Mossy?

What is the highest resolution that this game supports?

Roar wrote:
    Demo wont install for me, keeps coming up "DLL Load Error" and the install aborts.. i thought it might have been somehting to do with direct x so i updated that, still no joy.. anyone have any idea what the cause of that is?

i downloaded it from another mirror so i'll try that when i get home..

I got a similar (if not the same?) error when I tried first. Updating Direct X (to V9) solved that.
    BTW... I updated my graphics drivers too for a noticable difference. Hadn't done that in a long time, as I haven't played anyone new releases in quiet some time.

Think I'm bored of the demo now. Gonna go back and enjoy my massively patched PES6 (I'm only really loving it now!!) and give PES2008 a shot once it's in it's early patched days.

• Advertisement

Mossy Monk wrote:
    What is the highest resolution that this game supports?

Mods on evo to get it o 1650x1050 that was thursday Juce prolly has HD working now :D

http://www.evo-web.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=43269

chantpack and other nice things.

kdjac

Advertisement