Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ultimate Fighter 6

• 25-09-2007 5:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭

Anybody else watching this? The first episode was on last night on Bravo I believe ( I saw it a few days ago through other means!:D ). I thought it was a great first episode and it definitely lived up the the hype!

It was pretty classic seeing Roman going ballistic at the doctor and the Serra v Hughes rivalry should make for great TV. Apparently the rumour is that this season will turn Matt Hughes into the biggest heel in America so that should be fun to watch!

First fight was ok, nothing special and Joe seemed a bit lost so it was no suprise he lost.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Yeah I saw it. The whole series in general is probably my favourite show in tv.

I liked the show alot and the interaction between Hughes and Serra should be great. Roman was a real life version of Santino Merrella. I think the only drawback is that as time goes by, the quality of fighters on the show are decreasing. But its still a fun watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I've never seen the programme before so I can't compare it to previous ones but I enjoyed it.

Looks like that Joe guy is planning on taking off judging by the preview for next week.

yeah it was great wasnt it. I am sure we will see Roman back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

I liked hughes's philosophy in going after serra's top picks fairly early on.Overall it looks like its going to be another good season.im looking forward to seeing it unfold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Love this show. Never missed an epidsode!

TO be honest, when i first say the list of names i felt that this seasons really is Mac Danzig's to lose. For a Vegan that guy is one angry mother****er , and he has shed loads of talent to boot.

Scarola might be a BJJ Black Belt under Serra, but Mac made him look amateur! I would be hugely suprised if we didn't see Danzig in the finals!

As for Hughes and Serra, Serra is a straightforward, but simple man. Hughes has already set up and won in 3 separate psych outs that he can see.

1) He got Serra to waste his first pick picking a weak guy out of loyalty.
    2) He removed Serra's first pick, the supposed "strongest guy on the team" in the first fight with a guy he picked third ( and i know he did this on purpose )
    3) He has the guy who really needs to be considered the strongest on the show in the semi's after round one, having tapped out a BJJ blackbelt infront of the rest of his competition with no more fights until then.

Clever bastard.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Eh, martial arts forum?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Eh, martial arts forum?

eh, why?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Wrestling sites give this more attention than MMA sites. Anyway, read the charter

I missed the last couple of series, haven't had a chance to watch this one yet either, but I plan to as it sounds like it shapes up nicely. I've been a fan of Serra's for years too, even more now!

Fozzy wrote:
    I missed the last couple of series, haven't had a chance to watch this one yet either, but I plan to as it sounds like it shapes up nicely.

You don't know watched you missed! BJ Penn is a very interesting guy. Likewise Pulver. I'm not sure they'll top the last series. I'd nearly rank it higher than the first one.

Hughes at least in the last series came across as a bully but I can't help but like him still. He completely set Serra up this week.

Episode 2 was very, very fun.

They must book Scarola versus Serra. Student versus teacher. Good friends better enemies. Call it what you want but people would watch!

Also Matt Hughes is a great pious man! The bit with him and Mac Danzig and the good book of Esther was hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Goebels

The funny thing about Scarola is that he is not currently training with Serra. I can't wait to see what happens with that.

"You mean BC is before christ?"

Seriously, best show on TV!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Eh, martial arts forum?
    Eh, with all due respect dude, you're the guy who posted a job hunt post on the playstation forum. So practice what you preach.

If you read the charter, you'll find that this forum also promotes the discussion of MMA.

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Loving the show so far, only seen The Ultimate Fighter 3 & 5. Any of the other ones any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Loving the show so far, only seen The Ultimate Fighter 3 & 5. Any of the other ones any good?

They are all very good tbh. I probably had least interest in TUF 4 because that was the Contenders one where they brought in experienced fighters so it wasn`t as crazy as other series. They show repeats all the time on Bravo of the other seasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Ya, really enjoyed last nights episode. Missed the first one last week, so feel I have missed out on a bit. Scarola is a whinging little jerk though. if he doesn't want to be there he should **** right off.

I hope discussion of this will only happen after its shown on Bravo, rather than after its first shown in the States? Do want it to be spoiled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

well there is no *Spoiler* tag in the topic title so you might be safe, I am working next Monday night so I won't get to see it, any one know when or if Bravo repeat the show?

I find it crazy that they have guys who have "trained BJJ" for 4 years and boxing for a year!! Craziness! I know a lot of people, myself included, who have more traiin than that and wouldnt come near to cuttin it in UFC even against the lower competition. I do worry sometimes about the standard of fighter they have on the show, for example Jason Thacker from season 1. There is a good reason why he hasnt been heard from again....

Mac Danzig will win it barring injury. I hope Blake Bowman does well cos I know him from old school MMA forums chat years ago before he started fighting. Funny guy.

PS Serras reaction to Hughes bible camp was hilarious!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

gimmick wrote:
    Ya, really enjoyed last nights episode. Missed the first one last week, so feel I have missed out on a bit. Scarola is a whinging little jerk though. if he doesn't want to be there he should **** right off.

Good episode, I can't help but think about the editing they do on shows like this though. Scarola might have only complained three times in a week, but those three times are what the focus of the show was. He should've known what he was gettin himself into though

Fozzy wrote:
    Good episode, I can't help but think about the editing they do on shows like this though. Scarola might have only complained three times in a week, but those three times are what the focus of the show was. He should've known what he was gettin himself into though

He whinged 3 times too many for me. God he was annoying!

• Advertisement
Advertisement