Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

save_us.222 Video on RAW last night! (Will contain Spoilers!!)

• 25-09-2007 5:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭

Ok, I assume some of you have seen or heard of this already, but for those who didn't see it, the video is now below.

Basically, the rumors going around are its a video for Jericho's return (possibly at Cyber Sunday)!

Discuss!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Hotlink doesn't work, need to copy and paste. I saw it on last nights Raw and the first thing that popped into my head was Jericho. Heres hoping it's true..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Please let it be true. The company does need him to save them. We need cocky heel Jericho back stat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭jeffk

http://www.wrestleattitude.com/x_movie+x_movie_view.cid+8+lid+1530.htm

Hope that works for people!!

I seen raw but fast forwarded through most of it and never seen this properly,so thanks for posting!!
    I dunno seems certain people are seeing a and thinking z,as in what they see and what they think are miles apart!
    Reading on some site that cyber sunday could be wwes 222nd ppv!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I saw this last night and was wondering what it was about. My initial reaction was that it was an advert for Cyber Sunday.

Edit: Here is the video on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vQrruLQl4E

People are claiming that you can hear the words "I'm back" at around 9 seconds in. Having listened to it a few times it does sound like that. Don't want to get my hopes up too much though. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Heres a small update:
    Last night on RAW, WWE aired a very strange and cryptical video clip. The clip shows blue text scrolling on a black screen - very similar to the green scrolling text from the movie "The Matrix". Text is constantly flashing on the screen and it's hard to make out exactly what to make of the clip.

The video has been posted online and by pausing the clip at certain spots, several "clues" can be made out:

- The phrase "SAVE_US.222" flashes several times and is the focus of the video

- Some of the frames show what looks like computer code containing the names of current and past WWE shows. It appears to be the "video paths" used by WWE's production software.

- Now, let the speculation begin. There is a "3-2-1" countdown that flashes quickly. One of the phrases that shows up a few times is "cd_volume4_1.act". On WWE's CD "WWE The Music: Volume 4", Track 1 is the theme music of .. Chris Jericho. With that in mind, the clip is somewhat similar to Chris Jericho's old entrance video.

- The phrase "7OCT" is repeated over and over on one frame. October 7th is the date of WWE's next PPV, No Mercy.

God, I hope it's true, but I'd say it is WWE f*cking with us!

EDIT: Just looked at the vid again MNG, it does sound like someone saying "I'm back", but its in a 'Kane-like' voice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

yeah defo sounds like "i'm back" and the point above about cd_volume4_1.act is pretty interesting for me.

But i'd really love to be able to stop reading the spoilers for the month or so and be as excited as i was when he debuted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

That's mad. I paused it a few times and its all just random words and numbers. A few words did stand out though like survivor, Raw, Smack, WM99 Triple, Skittles and the word rescue appeared a sh*tload.

It does stink of Jericho though, I'd be very surprised if it wasn't him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

I'd love to see Jericho back in action hes a great wrestler and great with the mic I think he should take the title from Cena and run a good heel angle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

This is when a jesuit education finally pays off

Joshua 2:2 verse 2 It was told the king of Jericho, saying, "Behold, men from the sons of Israel have come here tonight to search out the land."

And it definitley says I'm back, not in a Kane like voice, more off a cartoon villain voice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

If anyone wants a further vague "clue", the band Jericho got his name from, Helloween, have a song called "Save Us". I'd be surprised if it wasn't him now, but I'd also be surprised if he came back to Raw, and even more surprised if he got the title

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

I don't like the idea of Jericho anywhere else but Raw tbh. Mainly because I dont watch Smackdown regularly. I wonder will this video be aired on Smackdown and ECW? Hopefully not, meaning he returns to Raw. God only knows I have way too much tv to watch from this week on as is.

Haha, reading some people's interpretations and speculation on other boards, they're really over-doing it! I haven't seen what I said mentioned by anyone else, and I think it's a lot more relevant than nearly everything else that has been said!

Jericho updated his MySpace last night apparently, and it now says "I'm coming back!" up the top

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

It would be really funny if the WWE and Jericho did this intentionally to swerve us.

Could you imagine if it was x-pac.:D

Afterall,look at this:Save_Us 222

2 plus 2 plus 2 equals 6 who was x-pac in WCW.:D

The 'Save Us' part is interesting because when Y2J debuted and faced off with The Rock he said
    Now when you think of the new millennium, you think of an event so gigantic that it changes the course of history. You think of a dawning of a new era. In this case the dawning of a new era in the WWF. And a new era is what this once proud and profitable company sorely needs. Chris Jericho has come to save the WWF!

Starting to let myself think it's him now. :D

I mean, why advertise Cyber Sunday before No Mercy? And Jericho's book is meant to be out October 25th so a return would revive interest in Jericho. There's also the other clues mentioned.

Could Jericho be about to return at No Mercy to screw Cena out of his title and thus "save us"? ;)

This is turning into the sequal to that numbers film with jim Carrey

The only thing that might stop somebody thinking its Y2J is the WM99 writing.In any case,lets look at the wrestlers who competed at that event.

1.Big Boss Man (Dead)
    2.The Undertaker (just came back)
    3.Mankind (Disappeared again a few months ago,book shelf might ref him)
    4.X-pac (my addition theory :D )
    5.Godfather (Made a one off appearance on Smackdown last)
    6.Bill Gunn (part of the triple threat match at WM in 1999)
    7.Al Snow (part of the trip threat match and WM 1999.Msg on his head reads Help Me,could be a ref to Save Us as he heard "voices")
    8.Hardcore Holly

9.Bart Gunn (not bloody likely)
    10.Stone Cold (Not a chance)
    11.Rock(S/A)
    12.Big Show (no)

I have 4-5 candidates but Jericho seems to be the one.Otherwise the above mentioned who might have a claim could be possible if it was to be a swerve.

If it's not Jericho I'd love to see Al Snow take Cena's title

The only things of significance in that video are the "save us", "222" and the voiceover bit. I seriously can't see WWE putting any more thought than that into a 10 second video when they put even less thought into so much stuff on tv. I don't believe that any of the upcoming ppvs will be their 222nd either

or 222 will come out to reveal Y2J

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

^^^^That was my first thought, but as soon as one of the '2's becomes a 'Y' or a 'J', everyone will know it is Y2J, so I don't see it going that way!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

nothing to suggest this is jericho (at least so far). On first viewing last night i assumed it was an ad for cyber sunday, watching again hasn't really changed my mind.

everyone here and on the net were miles off with Vince's son, i have a feeling there are off on this too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Small note on todays observer update:
    --Much of the speculation regarding the SaveUs.222 clip that played last night on Raw for 10/7 (the No Mercy show) revolves around it being the return of Chris Jericho. 7Oct is text in the clip (the day of No Mercy) and cd_volume4_1.act and the fist track on WWF The Music Volume 4 is Jericho's theme music. The time works out perfectly with his book coming out, it would be the time he'd want his presence back on television. If nothing else, the hints are designed to make people think it's Jericho, and in this case, it seems to add up. (thanks to Mike Nason)

Considering all the electronics in the start up maybe the Y2J virus is finally gonna kick in a couple of years too late

it has to be Jericho now having read some stuff on the net and I couldn't be happier. Just hope they save it for a PPV so i see it live!!!!

One thing I read was that in one of his older entrance videos the countdown stops at .222

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Another slightly less subtle hint can be found on his myspace page according to the observer site. It reads ""I'm Coming Back!!".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 lw

rossie1977 wrote:
    everyone here and on the net were miles off with Vince's son, i have a feeling there are off on this too.

Ahem ! You should check the thread on Vince's son and you will see that some (myself included :D ) said straight away it was Hornswaggle !
    Anyway, I saw Jericho's myspace homepage last night and it clearly said he was coming back so I doubt it very much if it was a coincidence. Its been reported for a long time that he was in talks with WWE and with the video promo on Raw and his myspace admission then personally Im assuming (and hoping) for a big Y2J Heel comeback

lw wrote:
    Ahem ! You should check the thread on Vince's son and you will see that some (myself included :D ) said straight away it was Hornswaggle !

yes you did a FULL day after i said it ;)
    Mine: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055144919&page=2

Yours:http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055138477&page=2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Evolution136

I read the following from a wrestling spoiler site, a guy posted this in which I thought was very interesting. All of the following appeared in the SAVE_US.222 Video on RAW!

- Save_Us.222: I know for a fact I have been seeing signs on RAW that say "Save Us Jericho", maybe WWE picked up on this and ran with it

- CHAMP_HARD: Jericho was a former WWE Hardcore Champion

- SMACK_BROUGHT1: Jericho was on SmackDown and on his debut, he brought the "smack" to The Rock. Also, remember back when Jericho interviewed the #1 Draft Pick from SD!, John Cena. Jericho was also brought over from RAW to SmackDown.

- CD_VOLUME4_1: This might be the most significant clue, as Jericho's theme Break The Walls Down was the first track on the 4th WWE Music CD

- WM00_MATCH and WM_MATCH_TRI: Jericho wrestled Benoit and Angle in the Triple Threat Match at WM

- LIVEWIRE: A song by Jericho's band, Fozzy, also an old show, WWE Livewire

- TALENT_PRE: Obvious, Jericho was a former WWE talent

- BAT_ASS_WEEK: A reference to Jericho on VH1's Best Week Ever? Or a clue at Jericho's obvious humor side

- JVC_FIX: A former WWE sponsor

- PROMO_99: Jericho's WWE debut came in 1999 and he cut that infamous promo on The Rock

- 7_OCT: WWE's No Mercy PPV in October

- RAW_DOUBLE_FIN and RAW_REV: A possible reference to the match against Triple H on RAW which Jericho had won, or so we thought, only to see Triple H void the title change. Also, Jericho and Chyna both won the WWE IC Title on a double pin.

- KOR_Qualify13_60: Jericho qualified for the King of the Ring twice

- r/shara/catman/a_man/cat1: A Lionheart reference, maybe

- share/Insight/library/SGI_bookshelves: Possible reference to Jericho's book

- RAW_REV_MAY2.action: Jericho defeated Benoit for the WWE IC Title on May 2, 2000

- BIG_SHOW: This is the only name that means anything that is in the promo, so WWE could have thrown it in there just to confuse the fans. Also, with the above mentioned CHAMP_HARD, Jericho defeated Big Show for the Hardcore title in 2001.

- RAW_WAR_BUMPER: RAW is WAR was the catchphrase back when Y2J was around, and he often "bumped" the phrase around to say RAW is Jericho

- DISP_CHAMP: A possible reference to Jericho's reign as WWE Undisputed Champion

- giga/flame_5.0.7OCT/action: WWE No Mercy starts at 5:00PM on October 7th

- Also, according to his official website, his book signing tour starts on 10/25, and none of those dates are for Mondays. Also, I'm pretty sure WWE Cyber Sunday is the 222nd WWE PPV, though I could be wrong. I guess it would be possible that the SAVE_US.222 could countdown and change to SAVE_US.22J then end with SAVE_US.Y2J.

If you listen closely on the video, you will definitley hear a voice whisper "I'm Back" and it also sounds like there may be a "Lionheart" whisper in there as well. The video even counts down from 6 to 1, kind of like his old WWE Y2J debut promo did. If that isn't enough to add speculation to the fire, The Allstate Arena in Chicago. where WWE No Mercy will be held this year, is the same place that Jericho made his original debut with WWE.

The whole "Save Us" could trace back to when Jericho came to WWE originally, his whole schtick was that he was here to "Save the WWE" and in many of his old promos, he always refers to being a "saviour" and stuff. In another interesting note, WWE Cyber Sunday is being held in Washington, D.C. which is the last place Jericho wrestled a WWE PPV match.

There's also a slight reference to the Bible verse, Joshua 2, Verse 2 (Joshua 2:2) which is: "The king of Jericho was told, "Look! Some of the Israelites have come here tonight to spy out the land." 3 So the king of Jericho sent this message to Rahab: "Bring out the men who came to you and entered your house, because they have come to spy out the whole land." The Bible verse, Joshua 2, Verse 22 contains no Jericho reference: When they left, they went into the hills and stayed there three days, until the pursuers had searched all along the road and returned without finding them.

Now I realize that all of these clues and guesses are taking a long shot, and some of them may have been thrown in there by WWE just to fool with the fans. Whether it really does mean Jericho's return or not, Cyber Sunday or No Mercy, it is still a great new angle for WWE to come up with to get the fans excited again after the disappointing "Illegitimate Son" storyline.

- Save_Us.222:

- CHAMP_HARD:

- SMACK_BROUGHT1:

- CD_VOLUME4_1:

- WM00_MATCH and WM_MATCH_TRI:

- LIVEWIRE:

- TALENT_PRE:

- BAT_ASS_WEEK: - JVC_FIX:

- PROMO_99:

- 7_OCT:

- RAW_DOUBLE_FIN and RAW_REV:

- KOR_Qualify13_60:

- r/shara/catman/a_man/cat1:

- share/Insight/library/SGI_bookshelves:

- RAW_REV_MAY2.action:

- BIG_SHOW:

- RAW_WAR_BUMPER:

- DISP_CHAMP:

- giga/flame_5.0.7OCT/action

There are references to all that stuff in the video :confused: if so wow, could be anyone though, if it is to be a wrestler..... The Big Show reference is interesting. Actually Paul Wight ticks the boxes for alot of those clues, he made his WWF debut in 1999 and was hardcore champ etc so he could very well fit the bill too.

BTW jericho's debut was on Raw not Smackdown so that throws one of the clues out the window straight away.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Evolution136

SMACK_BROUGHT1: Jericho was on SmackDown and on his debut, he brought the "smack" to The Rock. Also, remember back when Jericho interviewed the #1 Draft Pick from SD!, John Cena. Jericho was also brought over from RAW to SmackDown.

It doesn't actually state there that he made his debut on Smackdown we all know it was on Raw. If you read it carefully, it just states that he was on smackdown and ALSO brought the smack to the rock. Probably not worded too well but as I said I lifted straight from a site so apologies if any confusion was caused.

If this is a Jericho return then there's big potential. In my opinion his debut was the greatest ever and his return can rank right up there with the best ever if done right.

The pop he'll get when he returns will be f*cking monstrous.

Course if Y2J does return Triple H will probably start cracking jokes about how he beat him at WM18. (I say that jokingly but the sad thing is it's actually quite plausible)

yeah i doubt a heel run will be possible from the start cause EVERYONE is gonna be so glad to see him back. He's easily one of the most under-utilised performers ever.

The Observer has a note up saying:
    Another hint regarding the new WWE debut on 10/7 looks to be a fake

Update on the update on the Jericho confirming coming back on his myspace page. The myspace page is believed to be a fake as Jericho posted on Sept. 3 he doesn't have a myspace account and all myspace accounts with his name are fakes.

Thanks to Josh Enberg

Having looked at the MySpace page, it does look like a fake one, it has a thing taken straight out of Wikipedia up the top. There is a photo of Jericho with the address of the page though, because I'm pretty sure that he did use that address for his radio show when it was still around. Doesn't look like he does anymore

If this is a Jericho return then there's big potential. In my opinion his debut was the greatest ever and his return can rank right up there with the best ever if done right.

There has been quite a few good WWE debuts in the last 10 years. Definitely the most over was Taz in MSG though at the Royal Rumble. I liked Lesnar's and Goldberg's too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

Finally...

hope this happens.

*fingers crossed*

by the way.. the music playing in the video sounds like a possible intro to his theme music..

"BREAK THE WALLS DOOOOOOOOOooowwn!!!!"

• Advertisement

Keep in mind everyone was waiting for Hunter's return but then got dissapointed quickly. As for the clues the Bible reference is the most blatant. It says Jericho in the verse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Bubs101 wrote:
    Keep in mind everyone was waiting for Hunter's return but then got dissapointed quickly. As for the clues the Bible reference is the most blatant. It says Jericho in the verse

In fairness, it was obvious HHH wasn't gonna show up at that RAW. It wasn't even announced, they took the word of a wrestling rumour. Especially when his return was the biggest draw for Summerslam the following week. Anyone that was naive enough to believe that was probably the same person who believed that the ECW resurrection was gonna pick up where it left off.

C'mon folks, this is WWE we're talking about! ;)

But it does look more and more likely that it could be a Jericho return, but there's just as good a chance that HHH will bring out a midget version of Jericho and destroy him, just to piss the fans off ala Bret's music going off when Shawn was a heel in 2005.

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

feel like I've stumbled onto the lost forum by accident!

In fairness, it was obvious HHH wasn't gonna show up at that RAW. It wasn't even announced, they took the word of a wrestling rumour. Especially when his return was the biggest draw for Summerslam the following week. Anyone that was naive enough to believe that was probably the same person who believed that the ECW resurrection was gonna pick up where it left off.

VR!

I didn't mean that Hunter's return didn't happen on one specific Raw, I meant that before we had him back and it was Cena vs. Khali or Cena vs. Umanga people were saying that when Hunter gets back it'll be Ok. Like Jericho i hardly gonna take his title, Cena's a bigger star

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

if Y2J returns it will be a reason for me to watch WWE again.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Bubs101 wrote:
    I didn't mean that Hunter's return didn't happen on one specific Raw, I meant that before we had him back and it was Cena vs. Khali or Cena vs. Umanga people were saying that when Hunter gets back it'll be Ok. Like Jericho i hardly gonna take his title, Cena's a bigger star

I think i just heard baby jebus cry :(
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭irishcrazyhorse

Either its Y2j

Or the new HART Foundation "2.0"

3 members of 2.0 = 222?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

It's true though. Cena is a much bigger star than Jericho. No doubts who the overall better worker is, but Cena has already drawn more in a few years than Jericho in his entire career.

Bubs101 wrote:
    Like Jericho is hardly gonna take his title, Cena's a bigger star

jericho continually jobbed to cena in summer of 2005 so whats new ;)

there is also little chance they will give the title to a guy who will be off with his band at the first chance he gets.

Well if he agrees to come back it will be a full time schedule and he has said that he is itching to get back, also i think Fozzy are kinda on a break (correct me if i'm wrong!!!)

Also I was reading that the bible verse thing doesn't make any sense cause when referenceing the bible there is only 2 numbers used, e.g 3:16, The verse quoted is verse 2:2! only 2 2's. Confusing i know

Bubs101 wrote:

As amull87 said, that really isn't much of a clue. Joshua 2:2 was somehow picked out of "222". I still think the connection I came up with is the best!

Some more info on this from Figure Four Online:
    There has been a lot of talk about the cryptic "SAVE_US.222" video that aired after RAW on Monday. While the exact meaning of the video remains unknown, we do have an interesting story regarding the mysterious promotional piece. Back in June, before the Benoit tragedy, former WWE creative writer Court Bauer suggested to the rest of the WWE Creative Team a different idea to introduce the new Hart Foundation or the return of Chris Jericho.

The idea was to run a viral marketing campaign, something like an updated version of the Y2J countdown clock in which he debuted in WWE with back in 1999. Ideas included setting up web sites developed by third parties, doing things on YouTube, and mystery ads on WWE.com (one example for the Hart Foundation idea was to have a “public service announcement” on heart attacks that would take you to a Calgary-related web site). The underlying idea was to develop an interactive campaign where fans would have to try to “crack the code.”

Bauer’s idea was very popular amongst the rest of the creative team until things were turned upside down by the Benoit tragedy. Some of the clues in the SAVE_US.222 video such as the WWE theme music clue and deliberate misdirects with the whole Jericho feel could be an indication that the video has something to do with Y2J’s return to WWE. While nothing has been confirmed, the piece seemed very similar to the initial idea that was thought up this past summer.

If they go any further than the video with it now, it's going to look like a Project 161 rip-off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

Anyone have a link to jericho's my space page?

www.myspace.com/therockofjericho. Except it's not his MySpace page anymore, he cancelled it after his radio show, "The Rock of Jericho", ended and now some other guy's registered the name. Jericho said on his site on the 3rd of this month that any pages of him on MySpace are fake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

okay thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement