Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

save_us.222 Video on RAW last night! (Will contain Spoilers!!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭TheNumpty

Yeah, i'm thinking this is the correct answer as well. I think Numpty is confusing this from when Jericho was GM for the week. There was a few of them that had GM for a week in 2004.

God, that was a wretched period for WWE looking back.
    VR!

No, Jericho was GM for the night after his Survivor Series team won. Each member was GM each night for a 4 weeks, Orton, Benoit and Maven :eek:

Taboo Tuesday was a few weeks before Survivor Series

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

ryan wilson had a dark match on raw last night playing his ovw character jacob duncan so he is ready to come in. I wonder..................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

jerico did take credit to have taboo tuesday as he said on raw one week the audence can choose my next compeditor and bishof went with the idea to make a ppv out of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Right, to settle it once and for all, here we go:

From OnlineWorldOfWrestling.com, there was no mention of Taboo Tuesday on Raw on September 13th 2004, the night after Jericho won the vacant IC title against Christian at Unforgiven. There is mention of Vince saying that he'll make a big announcement at the next Raw that concerns the fans, the GM and the wrestlers

Raw on September 20th, Vince and Bischoff are in the ring, "Vince McMahon explains his plans to make Taboo Tuesday an Interactive PPV with the fans booking the matches". No mention of Jericho except for him defending his IC title against Michaels in a no-contest

Raw on September 27th, Bischoff announces the stipulation for the World Title match with HHH. Jericho's in some tag match

Raw on October 4th, Bischoff announces the rest of the ppv matches, including that the fans can vote on anyone not involved in match to face Jericho for his IC title. Jericho had insulted HHH earlier in the evening which set up a HHH vs Jericho main event

There were two more Raws before the ppv and nowhere did Jericho interact with Bischoff, so I think that does settle it!

And on a related note, Jericho will be on Wrestling Observer Live in two weeks' time. WWE will be coming back from touring Europe that day, so the earliest Jericho could return would be the Raw before the ppv. The ppv or the Raw after it would seem more likely though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

If it is Jericho......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Nobody mentioned if another one of those videos appeared on RAW last night. Maybe it was all for HBK ;)

VR!

ya another video aired last night, same one as no mercy; 2nd_coming or something along those lines.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

rossie1977 wrote:
    2nd_coming or something along those lines.....

The return of Eddie................ sorry :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Bubs101 wrote:

Not nice dude

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

It would have been HBK's 3rd coming if I'm not mistaken so it deffo doesn't concern him.

The longer this goes on the more and more I'm convinced it's Jericho, it's just a matter of when really?? Cyber Sunday being the obvious choice but I wouldn't be suprised if he was held off till one the big 4 PPV's, i.e. Survivor Series.

• Advertisement

latest video says MASSACRE_CAGE
    BACKLASH_SPON_BG
    REV22:12
    FALL 1.action
    BIG_SHOW_MOVESET

first video mentioned big show, so did the second and the third seems to overwhemingly point in that direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Bubs101 wrote:

return of benoit ...........sorry:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

rossie1977 wrote: »
    latest video says MASSACRE_CAGE
    BACKLASH_SPON_BG
    REV22:12
    FALL 1.action
    BIG_SHOW_MOVESET

first video mentioned big show, so did the second and the third seems to overwhemingly point in that direction.

You may have a point there but I find it hard to believe that Big Slow would return this quickly, although it's said he's lost a tonne of weight, and that the WWE would be making such a fuss about his return with all these cryptic videos.
    He's hardly a wrestler I'd want to tune into to watch, and I'm sure most people feel the same.
    If it does end up being Show it'll be a huge let-down in my books.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

the last video that was on smackdown one of the words that flashed up was bookshelves....Jericho has a book coming out doesnt he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

This thread reminds me of all those cheesy 80's detective shows. Everyone wants to be Columbo!

You can go through all the codes and clues but basically it's Jericho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

read online that cyber sunday is 2 years,2 months and 2 days exactly since jericho left,coincidence?

krudler wrote: »
    read online that cyber sunday is 2 years,2 months and 2 days exactly since jericho left,coincidence?

There was an update on that one by the Observer yesterday, it's 2 years, 2 months and 2 days since a Thursday. The replay of Jericho's last Raw was on that Thursday in the UK and here. SD was also that Thursday night in the US, and they showed a replay of Jericho from Raw. So it's kinda grasping for anything!

You can go through all the codes and clues but basically it's Jericho.

as VR said a week or two ago, i will believe its jericho when i see him but not until then.

the videos could be about anyone or anything, they could be promoting the long awaited return of brutus the barber beefcake or dustin rhodes (this time painted silver ;))

having lived through the awfulness that was the gobbledygooker, fake diesel/razor ramon, midget bret hart, WWE nwo etc etc; i know not to get my hopes up WHERE AND WHEN IT INVOLVES THE WWE.

It's Jericho

• Advertisement

I swear, i cannot wait to see all the suckers eat crow after this.
    Last time everyone got their hopes up was for HHH showing up for RAW before Summerslam, and what happened?

I nearly pissed my cacks laughing at em! :D
    All roads lead to Jericho, or so all the Barney Fife's out there would have you believe, but it's WWE we're talking here, as i already said. I'll believe it when i see it.

Until then, you minions can entertain me :D
    VR!

What better way to enjoy it then by partaking in my bet. The offer always remains open.

I'm not a betting, or a greedy man for that matter. :D
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

They have to deliver Jericho. Anything else the fans will see as a huge dissapointment. Even if it wasnt Jericho originally and all the messages are a coincidence they will have had to change track because there will be a big fan backlash if its not him.

Nothing they didn't do with Shawn/Bret just before Summerslam 05!
    Remember, Vince McMahon is a heel, the louder they boo him, the more he'll enjoy it.

VR!

MikeHoncho wrote: »
    They have to deliver Jericho. Anything else the fans will see as a huge dissapointment. Even if it wasnt Jericho originally and all the messages are a coincidence they will have had to change track because there will be a big fan backlash if its not him.

they don't have to deliever jericho or anybody else based on these videos. Fans themselves are ASSUMING its jericho, just like they have assumed other stuff in the past and been let down badly.

if and when (WWE have dropped angles before) we find out who is behind the videos and (IF) it turns out not to be jericho and the fans are pissed off because it is not jericho, then they (the fans) only have themselves to blame

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Its Jericho.

MikeHoncho wrote: »
    Its Jericho.

You see this quote? It's gonna be the answer to every in-joke on this forum from here on in... just watch :D

VR!

Interview with Jericho here where "Jericho admits he should soon be returning to WWE as teased on recent telecasts"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Last time everyone got their hopes up was for HHH showing up for RAW before Summerslam, and what happened?

I nearly pissed my cacks laughing at em! :D
    All roads lead to Jericho, or so all the Barney Fife's out there would have you believe, but it's WWE we're talking here, as i already said. I'll believe it when i see it.

Until then, you minions can entertain me :D
    VR!

The Triple H thing is nothing whatsoever like this. No one had their hopes up for an appearance by him at all until Lawler made remarks on the Raw show and people jumped to conclusions. This on the other hand is a very purposeful and slow campaign which is intentionally teasing the return of a particular superstar - Chris Jericho.

A bait and switch by the WWE would be a very silly business move considering the ratings they have at the minute.

I'm personally looking forward to the reaction of those Doubting Thomases when it's revealed to be Jericho and they come out with the typical excuses of "Well I never said it wouldn't be him."

Surely these people's arses must be getting sore from sitting on the fence so long? ;)

A bait and switch by the WWE would be a very silly business move considering the ratings they have at the minute.

I agree, but it's not like WWE are flawless. They've made a lot of blunders over the years.
    I'm personally looking forward to the reaction of those Doubting Thomases when it's revealed to be Jericho and they come out with the typical excuses of "Well I never said it wouldn't be him."

Not for me, i'll freely admit i was wrong if that happens. Until then my position still stands :)
    Surely these people's arses must be getting sore from sitting on the fence so long? ;)

I dunno, you sound like the voice of experience there ;)
    VR!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭HBK

SAVE_US.X29; Jericho Debuting In Philly Next Week?
    Date Added: October 23, 2007
    Story By: Marc Middleton
    - Seth sent the following: The video that interrupted Santino and Maria last night on RAW said "SAVE_US.X29." The "X" could mean the Roman numeral for 10, which could stand for October and the 29 being October 29th, the date of next week's RAW. With the recent news that USA Network had asked WWE to save Jericho's return for a RAW, this could mean that Jericho will finally be returning to WWE at RAW next Monday.

RAW comes to us from Philadelphia next week, where Chris Jericho has a book signing planned for earlier that day.

Sure it all makes sense!!! :P

The Wrestling Observer reports:
    Stephanie McMahon blew up before the No Mercy pay-per-view a few weeks ago regarding Chris Jericho being revealed as the SAVEUS campaign. She was really interested in keeping the return a surprise, thus was very upset it leaked. Her reaction was to run all the company cell phone records of the writing team as well as do a forensic check of their computers and e-mails.

This is not the first time this has happened, as events have lead to this in the past, but they did not find a guilty party. Some writers were using their company cell phones to make excessive private calls and they go reamed for it. Several of the writers were said to be upset because they have been under added stress recently with having to completely re-write the No Mercy pay-per-view one week before the show due to John Cena being injured. They felt it was not fair they were getting blamed for the information being leaked.

Stephanie is now talking about revising contracts that would disallow creative team members to speak out publicly and to specifically state that they don't have any ownership to their ideas. She also wants their contracts to ban them from being able to talk publicly after they are no longer with the company, about their experience with the company, or talk about the impressions of talent or anyone they met in the company. This would keep someone from going to TNA and sharing their WWE ideas.

If that ban is passed, RF are screwed! Shoot interviews won't be worth sh*t. Don't believe me, check out Mick Foleys piss poor one from 2004!

VR!

The article only mentions creative team members. I don't think I've ever seen a shoot interview with an ex-creative team member, although one of them has done a good few interviews

D'oh! Speed reading never was my forte.
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

So the RAW after Cyber Sunday... Interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭moongoose

i'm starting to get skeptical about this just like VR, but in saying that anyone else notice the clips spliced through the latest reel? a few of them seem to be taken from various jericho entrance videos. dunno what to be thinking then i remember it's wwe......

I think WWE are shooting themselves in the foot with this one, if they plan on bringing Jericho back. You can only keep the fans hanging for so long, which is exactly what Vince is doing. But they've been dragging this for weeks and it's starting to get tiring, it's starting to piss off fans.

This is why i say he's not coming back this week and that week. I don't know for sure (hence why i'm not taking Vince135792003's bet) if that is the case, but there's little or no reason for his return, he's lost so much weight that Jeff Hardy looks butch by comparison. I think WWE are trying to bide their time, but have let it go so far now that they don't know when they can capitalise.

Of course the flipside to this is fan speculation. Set yourself up by drawing conclusions and you will of course be let down. :)

VR!

jericho was on local philly radio last night and stated he had no interest in coming back to wrestling at this time for family reasons. He also told fans not to believe everything they read about him on the net.

Alot of people are now claiming the videos are hyping edges return at SS, seems very plausible at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,341 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

rossie1977 wrote: »
    jericho was on local philly radio last night and stated he had no interest in coming back to wrestling at this time for family reasons. He also told fans not to believe everything they read about him on the net.

Alot of people are now claiming the videos are hyping edges return at SS, seems very plausible at this stage
    while it may be a hyped return for edge, it would seem stupid to be running this viral campaign to hype his return, AND have him on the main ad for SS.

I have a feeling it will turn out to be Edge, but only because the Jericho deal fell apart at a very very late stage, after the WWE got the ball rolling on his return.

• Advertisement

Tauren wrote: »

I have a feeling it will turn out to be Edge, but only because the Jericho deal fell apart at a very very late stage, after the WWE got the ball rolling on his return.

Never trust your feelings.

Any have a link to the one that was on last night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Billkil

I actually think it will happen next week, because raw is sure to have more viewer then usual, with Stone Cold on next week and DX tagging together they wanna get as many viewers as they can for it, it makes sense me thinks

Billkil wrote: »
    I actually think it will happen next week, because raw is sure to have more viewer then usual, with Stone Cold on next week and DX tagging together they wanna get as many viewers as they can for it, it makes sense me thinks

Good idea...does make sense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

i doubt he'll be on Raw next week, it only leaves 2 shows until Survivor Series to build a match, plus with Stone Cold and DX on Raw next week they're going to be taking up a lot of the time and finally and most importantly Who's he going to fued with?

My money is on him returning on the Raw after Survivor Series to fued with Edge or Orton

Jericho won't SAVE_US :D
    VR!

He'll be back soon. Just requires a little more patience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,850 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I know that it has been dragged out for almost a couple of weeks to long now but i was lkking at WWE stocks and it says this
    Right now, WWE is expanding overseas so the stock should go down a bit
    but in a long term. They also recently signed Former WWE Champion
    Chris Jericho to a multi-million dollar deal. If WWE let's Jericho be
    Jericho, he will have a MAJOR impact to coming in to the company and
    will help build younger stars.
    i think jericho will come back and maybe have a feud with edge...maybe he will come back the Raw before survivor series and taunt edge????

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

i could see a countdown starting on these vignettes, not a jericho like one but perhaps at the end of next weeks one it could flash up 3weeks, then 2weeks the following and so on leading to huge rating on the actual date

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Double C wrote: »
    That's mad. I paused it a few times and its all just random words and numbers. A few words did stand out though like survivor, Raw, Smack, WM99 Triple, Skittles and the word rescue appeared a sh*tload.

It does stink of Jericho though, I'd be very surprised if it wasn't him.

Sorry to bring this back up, and I havent read the thread fully(I'm kinda a lurker in this forum btw), but I did the same here, and on 2 seconds in, theres a lot of script with 'Gangrel' in it. I'll finish the thread now and edit this if needs be.

Advertisement